Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

I honestly think there is too much money to be lost if they closed down the server in America. I mean, PC and PS2 didn't have as many people. But there are much more on the American servers. If they were smart SEGA would balance the missions and give people a reason to do all the missions... instead of letting a broken game remain that way.

After losing my main account to Microsoft's unchangeable address policies, I wouldn't be too sad to see the server close down. My stuff is online only, but I'e already lost it in a sense. Most of the people I've counted as friends on PSU I talk to outside of the game anyway.

A pity, I had a decent enough rep, and had only been BL'd a couple of times. To my knowledge anyway. Started a new account to get over the withdrawal, it's incredibly difficult to garner respect as a 121K ID when you've been around since (admittedly not day one) 74K days.

Can u guys end this already the server is run by M$ only updated by M$ when they receive the updates from Sega and only after validation from the M$ group so...M$ won't close it up just yet...just like epi 1&2 on the old xbox that didn't close down till very late but didn't had any more support for a long time before that.
    Last edited by HienkyakuX; Sep 17, 2010 at 11:49 PM.

H, Human Male (Lv 160 US / Lv 180 JP)
    A, Cast Male (Lv 170 US / Lv 180 JP) (H 50, R 60, Fo 60, Fi 50, G 55, T 25)
    N, Beast Female (Lv 160 US/ Lv 180 JP)
    M, Newman Female (Lv 161 US / Lv 180 JP) (H 1, R 1, Fo 40, Fi 0, G 0, T 32)

Rehabbed SEGAholic

Quote Originally Posted by HienkyakuX View Post
    Can u guys end this already the server is run by M$ only updated by M$ when they receive the updates from Sega and only after validation from the M$ group so...M$ won't close it up just yet...just like epi 1&2 on the old xbox that didn't close down till very late but didn't had any more support for a long time before that.
    The servers are most certainly not run by Microsoft. SoJ controls the content for the servers. SoA manages the servers. Microsoft only needs to certify content that is distributed over their network (title updates for example). Last time I checked you did not need an Xbox Live Gold account to play PSU so how is Microsoft responsible for any of this? Ignorant fanboyism at its worst in trying to blame Microsoft for SEGA's failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiero_Glyph View Post
    The servers are most certainly not run by Microsoft. SoJ controls the content for the servers. SoA manages the servers. Microsoft only needs to certify content that is distributed over their network (title updates for example). Last time I checked you did not need an Xbox Live Gold account to play PSU so how is Microsoft responsible for any of this? Ignorant fanboyism at its worst in trying to blame Microsoft for SEGA's failures.
    Yet another post I agree with from you.

Whoever said Microsoft ran PSU... is either smokin' some stuff, or you know. Stupid.

With Phantasy star Online 2 we will see what will happen.
    The combined file sizes of images in signatures cannot exceed 35000 bytes.

@Hiero_Glyph & Volcompat321 WTF is up with you two? I didn't say the game is run by MS the server is. If Sega is so lame to not update it and send the update packages it's their fault. Now even if Sega decides not to update it ever again it's up to MS to have it running or not; just like whit PSO 1&2

H, Human Male (Lv 160 US / Lv 180 JP)
    A, Cast Male (Lv 170 US / Lv 180 JP) (H 50, R 60, Fo 60, Fi 50, G 55, T 25)
    N, Beast Female (Lv 160 US/ Lv 180 JP)
    M, Newman Female (Lv 161 US / Lv 180 JP) (H 1, R 1, Fo 40, Fi 0, G 0, T 32)

Rehabbed SEGAholic

@Hiero_Glyph & Volcompat321 WTF is up with you two? I didn't say the game is run by MS the server is. If Sega is so lame to not update it and send the update packages it's their fault. Now even if Sega decides not to update it ever again it's up to MS to have it running or not; just like whit PSO 1&2
    The PSU server is NOT run by Microsoft; I thought I cleared this up already. The servers are stored in SoA's facility in San Francisco, CA, not in Redmond, Washington where Microsoft is headquartered. Again, please get your facts straight.

I do like how you go from saying that Microsoft updates the servers in the first statement to SEGA updating them in the second though, at least you finally understand that part. It could be possible that SEGA is contractually obligated to keep the servers running for a set amount of time but given how Microsoft kills multiple MMO projects each year I doubt they care about keeping PSU running at this point.

I honestly think it should be closed.(The community is just about dead so why stick around?)When PSO2 comes out with that Global Support,I'll be back then.Plus why are you guys sticking around a game with thats about to close down anyway?
    Last edited by coreyblueexclusive; Sep 18, 2010 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coreyblueexclusive View Post
    (The community is just about dead so why stick around?)[/I]
    Even though I couldn't give a hoot hoot if they did close the servers down, I have to disagree on this. There is surprisingly a decent amount of people who still eat,sleep, and live to play PSU.

And if it means anything, I hope they do keep da servers up for a while. Just because I don't play it anymore doesn't mean I want the servers down.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***