Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My sister went to Europe over the summer and picked me up a small bottle of the stuff. I saved it for my birthday. It was really not what I was expecting. It tasted like licorice. I only had a shot of the stuff because I shared it with my friends, but it is not something that I would drink normally, that's for sure (and not because of its side effects).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2006-10-24 05:32 ]</font>

Snow Queen King & a Veritable Buffet of Manliness

Ive had it a few times and i feel its overrated aswell and im yet to experience hallucinations.

On 2006-10-23 22:42, PandaMasterX4 wrote:
    No my arguement of americans being stupid is that there is a higher count of drunk driving in america due to more roads instead of public transportation. Take california for example. This place is huge, and every day I drove home from work, or to a party, I'd witness so many drunk drivers and accidents. I don't deny that I am being rather bias due to my location and places I've been. Frankly, I think a place like New York, would definately handle in it's culture far better than it would in California.
    You're making a great deal of broad, sweeping generalizations here, and furthermore assuming that the other nations of the world that all these "idiots" originated from aren't also full of idiots just like them. I'll have you know that the vast majority of the really odd news stories in Reuters' RSS feed come from Europe (and most of those seem to be from Germany, for some reason), while such stories from the United States are relatively rare. For an example, this morning, I read about a German man who crashed his car into a restroom, because his in-car navigation system told him, "Turn now!!" He was about 300 yards from his intended turn, and caused several thousand dollars in damages. That sort of news. These are the same people who make a big deal about the quality of engineering that goes into their cars.

The moral of the story? It's not just Americans that are stupid and irresponsible-- it's humans as a whole.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

The Pantsless Psychotic Blue Cat-Man

I say make it legal. Make everything legal. Let the irresponsible americans go wild, and let the smart ones leave the country. Eventually the irresponsible people will all kill each other and the world will be liberated of them.

On 2006-10-24 10:07, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
    On 2006-10-23 22:42, PandaMasterX4 wrote:
    No my arguement of americans being stupid is that there is a higher count of drunk driving in america due to more roads instead of public transportation. Take california for example. This place is huge, and every day I drove home from work, or to a party, I'd witness so many drunk drivers and accidents. I don't deny that I am being rather bias due to my location and places I've been. Frankly, I think a place like New York, would definately handle in it's culture far better than it would in California.
    You're making a great deal of broad, sweeping generalizations here, and furthermore assuming that the other nations of the world that all these "idiots" originated from aren't also full of idiots just like them. I'll have you know that the vast majority of the really odd news stories in Reuters' RSS feed come from Europe (and most of those seem to be from Germany, for some reason), while such stories from the United States are relatively rare. For an example, this morning, I read about a German man who crashed his car into a restroom, because his in-car navigation system told him, "Turn now!!" He was about 300 yards from his intended turn, and caused several thousand dollars in damages. That sort of news. These are the same people who make a big deal about the quality of engineering that goes into their cars.

The moral of the story? It's not just Americans that are stupid and irresponsible-- it's humans as a whole.
    wow... lol. America gets a lot of cases of old people saying they were trying to hit the breaks, but instead hit the accelerator and drove it into a crowded market place. This has happened about 8 times in such a short period too.

Oh, and proof that America is damn stupid, (I don't associate myself with this one bit) They voted for Bush... twice.

On 2006-10-24 11:45, PandaMasterX4 wrote:

wow... lol. America gets a lot of cases of old people saying they were trying to hit the breaks, but instead hit the accelerator and drove it into a crowded market place. This has happened about 8 times in such a short period too.

Oh, and proof that America is damn stupid, (I don't associate myself with this one bit) They voted for Bush... twice.
    Do you know how old that guy was? He was too old to be driving, that's for sure. That example doesn't make America sound stupid, but it does do a good job of incriminating you.

The truth of the matter is America is pretty conservative. In our society we are babied by these laws that are supposed to protect us, and while they may protect us they make for a steep learning curve.

For example, many people are not exposed to alcohol until they go off to college in the states. They don't have any experience handling alcohol, so they often drink more than they should and get themselves in trouble. This attitude perpetuated throughout college and some people develop bad habits because of it, most grow out of it, however.

So despite what BlueDagger says, loosening restrictions may in fact make American's more responsible.

Also, please note that 51% of Americans voted for Bush, that's hardly the entire country. If he had lost he would have been the first "war-time" president in the history of our nation to lose, and he came pretty close to doing just that.

I don't consider myself particularly patriotic, but I do like to think that I have a smidgen of intellect, so when you call an entire nation, of which I am a part, dumb, it bothers me.

On 2006-10-24 11:45, PandaMasterX4 wrote:
    That, Panda, is entirely a matter of opinion, and you're a fool for stating it as fact. Given the alternatives, Bush was a hell of a deal.

Let's just remember that the rest of the world is active with malevolent dictatorships, facists, and configurations of law that mean your personal rights and freedoms are inherent of the government, rather than being inherent of your own existence. Let's remember that in a great deal of the rest of the world, people are still killed by their government because they choose to become vocal about their ideas. Let's remember that there are some damned good reasons why thousands of people immigrate here everyday. There are damned good reasons why so many Mexicans are so desperate to get here, for that matter.

Regardless of how bad you think the United States is, you'll be shocked to discover when you leave, that the rest of the world isn't any better; if whereever you end up is even at the same level, then it's only different. Perhaps not necessarily worse, mind you, but never better.

Do you think you're the first coastal Californian to become disenfranchised with the United States, and choose to leave? Do you have any idea how many of them came back when the found out what the rest of the world is like?

Yeah, sure, there are some downright idiots in this country, but it's no different anywhere else, and there's a reason for it: The stupid reproduce more than the intelligent. It's no different here than anywhere else. Maybe you'll figure that out, some day.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016