Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

probley the same as in Xenosaga. If i remember from the glossary it formed a small wormhole and the weapon materializes from it. How else will KOS-MOS get that huge gun out of no were (SUV anyone?) I see PSU (and some of the older PS games) and Xenosaga haveing alot of similarities.

AKA "Nougami" and "Roar"

On 2007-02-17 13:39, Garnet_Moon wrote:
    I store all the delicious lolibots I kidnap in my NT.

Uh, I uh, I mean. I mean uh.... *backs away from the thread nice and slowly*

>.>;
    Now Nougami knows where he can stuff his PM when she's really bad. I'll bet you can't see sunlight in your NT backpack. XD

On 2007-02-17 13:39, Garnet_Moon wrote:
    I store all the delicious lolibots I kidnap in my NT.

Uh, I uh, I mean. I mean uh.... *backs away from the thread nice and slowly*

>.>;
    Suffer!!

The First

v.v really this is a simple matter of linguistics

nano = molecular size (not sure on the exact number, but it's like a billionth of a meter)
    trans = change
    form = ummm form

What this implies is that the technology changes the molecular structure to a different form. Because it works in molecular space it can not shrink the size of an object...in fact it couldn't do that unless it was either on or below the atomic scale. Transformer implies that it changes the object...not calls it forth through a worm hole.

So what does it do? Basically it analyzes the structure of whatever you are wearing/holding, copies the exact molecular structure of the item and then breaks it down into it base forms and splits all the atoms into non-harmful elements. It is a VERY LARGE HDD with a VERY LARGE power supply. The flash you see is fusion and fision. It just happens at such a small scale that the char doesn't notice anything but the flash of light.

It prolly holds more than 100billion TB of information and is powered most likely by Photons which are more powerful in terms of energy than nucklear fision/fusion and cleaner and safer.

As far as other technology...well if you look at Casts and realize that they can withstand many many things without so much as a dent or ding on them and they can last for hundreds of years AND have very safe power sources.

Not to mention a planetary teleportation system of some sort and the ability to manipulate energy pretty freely. They are quite advanced >.> it makes you wonder why they have such shytty cities and homes.

Actually, I'm still trying to figure out how the planets are able to occupy what appears to be the same orbit, all existing within the biozone of their particular star and have not yet managed to rip themselves or their parent star apart, as has already been displayed with whatever moons Moatoob used to have (prior to them impacting against Moatoob's Roche limit).

Maybe there's some sort of photon devices that keep the planets harmonized in the same orbit and keeps the planets combined gravity wells from tearing at the star, preventing the whole thing from going 'splode.

On 2007-02-17 10:38, OdinTyler wrote:
    Actually, nano implies nanobots. Nanobots are small robots implanted under the skin. Yes, little machines actually existing inside you. Nanotechnology has been done in other scifi media & that is what it is. The little circle on Ethan's back is how he accesses turning his clothes on & off. Nanobots can be modified to activate through a button or through though processes (similar to the thinking caps of Robotech).
    Well actualy nano implies small,also ya could waltz over to SEGAS offical PSU page and read EXACTLY what they are.It says that it is a device which bends space and according to all laws space and time are directly related.Thusly if you bend space you also bend time.

Now then as one person mentioned SUVs could be another form of this technology.But also i have a theory that the nano transformer can be used in a variety of ways.Read my History of Gurhal articale.I explain how it helps aid in the transforming process of a beast.
    -=Role Players Union=-If your into rp light heavy or otherwise please join up

The First

Pantence... I read your three things... I gotta say you should change disclaimer that says that you try to stay away from opinion as much as possible as almost all of it IS opinion and the history of the races are incredibly wrong. The only one that i'd agree upon would be the monomate one as it's really the only thing that makes sense...

as for nanotransformers... the only thing you have that directly says anything about how it works is one small cut scene. If you know about physics you know that energy can cause bends in space...especially concentrated nucklear energy could definately bend space so what i said still stands. The only other way is that they have tech to create a ZPM that hold another universe practically and I really doubt that's the case as if it was they'd have near infinite energy and not need photons.

shinzakura... it's very simple really... they don't occupy the same orbits... Imagine if earth, venus, and mars mad oval orbits and they were in orbits that are take them around the sun at different angles. that's what is happening. Although this is a precarious orbit it is still possible and would create the triangle alignment....

Actually, they can't have the same orbit, or they would ALWAYS be lined up for the Gates...
    Coming Soon!

On 2007-02-18 12:34, DurakkenX wrote:
    Pantence... I read your three things... I gotta say you should change disclaimer that says that you try to stay away from opinion as much as possible as almost all of it IS opinion and the history of the races are incredibly wrong. The only one that i'd agree upon would be the monomate one as it's really the only thing that makes sense...

as for nanotransformers... the only thing you have that directly says anything about how it works is one small cut scene. If you know about physics you know that energy can cause bends in space...especially concentrated nucklear energy could definately bend space so what i said still stands. The only other way is that they have tech to create a ZPM that hold another universe practically and I really doubt that's the case as if it was they'd have near infinite energy and not need photons.
    Well sega says nought on Gurhal other than there was a millenia long war(as far as the history goes).Since sega states PSUs history is not related to the PS series just has tidbits that apear similar i atempted to fill in blanks(so im not sure how its wrong but if ya know sumtin i dont prey do tell).Much like each final fantasy has parts from previous ones but its more like parellel realitys.Also i based the nanotransformer ideas on what sega said on their site not just what we learn from the game.They have a whole section on photons and the nano transformer.

Also the casts evolution is based on real sciences and segas own words about photons.I didnt add it but i was going to also explain the way a photonic crystal structure is used.However I wanted to keep it short and to the point since it is only about the major developments that makes up modern casts.Lastly i have no idea what ya mean by it is "almost all of it IS opinion"i asume you mean it isnt based on anything(which is partialy true since sega says not-a on casts in PSU).That was all done in character(IC) as Pent it was him trying not to put in his opinions.Sega dosent tell how casts work hardly.As such again i just used science and their words to fill in the blanks.
    -=Role Players Union=-If your into rp light heavy or otherwise please join up

On 2007-02-18 10:31, Shinzakura wrote:
    Actually, I'm still trying to figure out how the planets are able to occupy what appears to be the same orbit, all existing within the biozone of their particular star and have not yet managed to rip themselves or their parent star apart, as has already been displayed with whatever moons Moatoob used to have (prior to them impacting against Moatoob's Roche limit).

Maybe there's some sort of photon devices that keep the planets harmonized in the same orbit and keeps the planets combined gravity wells from tearing at the star, preventing the whole thing from going 'splode.

That made my head hurt too, until I thought that maybe they aren't actual planets at all, just large moons, in a subsystem something like Jupiter's subsystem around Sol...

Or the ancients did what they did because they thought it looked cool, and because they could.

Remember, magic appears like technology to the people who are learned in its ways.

Take that, Clarke's Law.