Default Threads not marked as read

I'm having some problems with threads not being marked as read even after I've read them. Similarly, earlier I was browsing the site when it informed me I had 200+ new Private Messages. In actuality it was all of my old PMs, reflagged as unread. Shortly after it did the same with all my Outbox messages too.

Is this just growing pains as the new site sets up things, or is there an underlying problem?
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

I'll check into this with Ryna. I'm pretty sure that all private messages that were transferred over had their read/unread status reset. I've got about 1200 messages myself that are unread, which is making it hard to tell when I get a real new one

As for the threads not being marked as read, this may have something to do with user sessions. We'll check into it. In the meantime, you might want to try out the "Mark Forums Read" link on the forum index, which *should* clear things out and only show you actual new threads when you return to the site again.

Yeah I did that a while ago just to clear out all the bolded topics, but it's still doing it. I'll do it and then log out and back in.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

It seems to be working properly for me, so I would try clearing your temporary internet files, logging out/in, and see how it behaves. Also, if you don't want to mark ALL forums as read, you can double click the icon to the left of a particular forum and it will mark all topics read in just that forum.

Relogging seems to have fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomeeboy View Post
    I'll check into this with Ryna. I'm pretty sure that all private messages that were transferred over had their read/unread status reset. I've got about 1200 messages myself that are unread, which is making it hard to tell when I get a real new one
    I figured that. I just deleted them all, rather than marking them all because I'm lazy.

*loves the auto-trash option*

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02