Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Lightbulb Unsealing the J-Sword - Day 15 - Past 23k mark, still sealed. =/

Back when everyone was leaving PSO for PSU, I inherited some items from friends of mine. One of which, is the SJS. (Friend was legit.)

I got some kills in, wrote 'em down, then banked the sucker for a good long time. Just recently however, I decided to put some more work into unsealing it. This thread is my journey.

It should be noted before I continue, that I've lost that paper with the kills I put on it, though I do remember enough to give an accurate amount:

17 kills before making back-up dupe and did a couple runs of Fake In Yellow before the hiatus; so we'll just say I had put on about 200 kills before the hiatus. (I also should tell you I have no idea how many kills my friend had put on it.)

My plans are to do at least ten FIY runs a day, and/possibly an offline Endless Nightmare 2. (Other quests will be added once I can get the exact enemy count from Mothvists, they aren't completely random.) 1-2k in kills a day. This will take place six days a week, I will also be updating this post whenever I have finished runs for the day.

The following is the current documentation started 9-30-08:

Spoiler!

View later posts for any other updates.
    Last edited by TheOneHero; Oct 22, 2008 at 01:26 AM.

Good luck and happy hunting. Ragol shall be bathed in blood.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

good luck. Unsealing SJS is quite a quest in its self.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
    Good luck and happy hunting. Ragol shall be bathed in blood.
    With that sword? no doubt. XD

Good luck! I wish I was lucky enough to get my hands on a J-Sword!

Good work on that, keeping track is a smart way to know when you're close, but the real fun is not knowing

Banish, I'd just love to stop keeping count and just play, but this is for science!

Barubary said it takes 23k kills for it to unseal, though for Auracom (and I believe Tycho) it took more. No one so far, (to my knowledge) has recorded their kills accurately for records. I do apologize, Trypticon kept an accurate account of his kills as well!

So, I'm going at this pretty controlled, no multi-player, (If you hit an enemy but someone else kills it, do you get the kill?), and only quests where I can easily keep track of the number of kills.

I know this won't be super accurate (as mentioned before, no idea how many kills my friend had), but it'll definitely be more accurate than anything so far. :3

Anyway, I've updated the OP for Day 3; I've decided to do at least 10 FIY runs a day instead of 5, 470 kills in about 35 minutes. ;o
    Last edited by TheOneHero; Oct 19, 2008 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Confusion ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneHero View Post
    Banish, I'd just love to stop keeping count and just play, but this is for science!

Barubary said it takes 23k kills for it to unseal, though for Adam (and I believe Tycho) it took more. No one so far, (to my knowledge) has recorded their kills accurately for records.

So, I'm going at this pretty controlled, no multi-player, (If you hit an enemy but someone else kills it, do you get the kill?), and only quests where I can easily keep track of the number of kills.

I know this won't be super accurate (as mentioned before, no idea how many kills my friend had), but it'll definitely be more accurate than anything so far. :3

Anyway, I've updated the OP for Day 3; I've decided to do at least 10 FIY runs a day instead of 5, 470 kills in about 35 minutes. ;o
    heh. this is just like finding out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie Pop.

Very difficult to keep track. And I hope your calculations for the sword are accurate. though, you could just ask Sega how many kills it takes. XP
    but where is the fun in that?

... ... ... none.

Funny you mention asking Sega...

In this thread under "Tried and Failed Methods:" the first response is...

Asking (E-Mailing Sega/Sonic Team)

Quick update:

I'm most likely going to stop at 100 FIY runs and do more EN2 and some PW1 or PW2.

I also noticed the other day, at around 5k kills, my SJS wasn't the deep black it was when I first started. In fact, there's splotches of gray on some of the blade. I've heard before that the more kills you get on it, the lighter in color the blade slowly becomes. ;o