Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Nai_Calus View Post
    Or go one further, like my dad had happen once, and actually *be* the public defender for the case.
    Now that is classic.

You know this is kind of funny. I just had my jury duty today and it was my first one. I was a bit irritated to be called in, but I went in anyway.

Omg, there must have been over a hundred people there!! From what I learned, they seem to base it on what you do for a living. Since I was a student, I don't think I had much experience on what the case was about. I was told previously they would probably let me out anyway, but I still had to show up. And what it even made it more odd was that my name wasn't even on the sign-up sheet. After a nerve racking moment later - I wasn't one who wasn't chosen Thank goodness!!

The wait wasn't too long, only a few hours. The only drawback was that there wasn't many chairs for over half of the people and you had to do a lot of standing. And oh, if you do an excuse, it was in front of everyone and they try to sway you away from it if you let them. So if really want out, stand your ground. One lady brought her baby in and used it as an excuse and it worked. But I think that is to the extreme.

Good luck! ^.^
    "Let your dreams capture you!"