Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'd just get Killer Shot, Boma Duranga, and maybe Yak Zagenga and Twin Mayalee, depending on what you play and what you have already. Most of the trade-in PA's are garbage nowadays, unfortunately. Just stick with your elemental bullets and you should be just fine.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Im startin to use mayalee prism more often but im very glad that i got it bcuz that room with the delnadians and the big lightning creatures in the bonus, it made those rooms so much easier
    i could tag them while there down and repeat the process

off topic but is uing twin mayalee on a GM even worth doing?
    Last edited by Dark Emerald EXE; Feb 26, 2009 at 11:35 PM.
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Maylee prism is worth having, but not worth level grinding. It is a great help to a party against those Magashis in Bladed legacy. Get 1 or more pinned to the corner while everyone gets easy hits on them.

Like everyone says, it's rare you'll use it, but it's there for when it may be helpful.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    I

Yes, if you don't care for elemental bullets. It's the only Twins bullet my Nova uses because her rifle bullets take care of all elemental single targets.

I find twin elemental bullets pointless on GM, Twin maylee replaces all 6 of those for me.
    Last edited by Sexy_Raine; Feb 27, 2009 at 01:43 PM.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    Personally, I don't use twin handguns anymore (I prefer rifles over them), so I'd say no. Of the 4 PA's I listed above, this one's probably the least useful, but it's ok I guess if PA space for your character is an issue, because its damage is rather consistent against any element enemy. As a GM, it'd gobble up PP quickly too.

Rehabbed SEGAholic

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    You use Mayalee Prism on those guys??? No offense, but that seems like an even worse case scenario, and I've seen Jusnaguns drop to a rifle bullet quite often... you probably just hit them during a casting/attacking animation or something. Large enemies like that can usually negate the knockdown with moves like that, but only temporarily. What I don't understand is... if you're getting that close to them to use Mayalee Prism on them in the first place, wouldn't you just be better off using a shotgun and maybe some G traps to kill them off a lot quicker? Otherwise, just snipe em from afar, and you should be okay. If you can't knock em down, you can at least make them flinch, and if you're that worried about immobilizing them, use Frozen Shot to freeze em and disrupt their actions. Using a slow-firing, non-elemental laser bullet on a single large target is very ineffective, even if you're just providing support fire.
    If you know what you are talking about you should know that rifles will not flinch certain enemies in certain animations; Mayalee Prism will flinch them, however. So although rifles will work 99% of the time, there are situations where the only reason to use the rifle is no longer valid. Mayalee Prism provides a useful alternative in these situations as it will cause an enemy to flinch during these animations. What this means is that you can use a rifle and hope that they do not go into the animation or you can use Mayalee Prism and not have to worry about the animation at all.

Just because you do not use Mayalee Prism does not invalidate the reasons why I use it. I understand that currently a shotgun or rifle bullet will kill the enemies just fine as they are all too low of a level to make them a real threat, but it is better to teach others why you do something instead of simply telling them what to do. Once we get some higher level enemies that cannot be flinched you will use Mayalee Prism again. It is better to know what it does and be prepared than to blindly follow the advice of others. As such, my advice is to level it to 21 and leave it there until it is needed.

Mayalee Prism knocks SEED Ardites down. Rifles only flinch them.

I dunno, if I REALLY wanted to go around knocking things down, I'd use a melee weapon of some sort. Back when I was still a FG, I'd carry a saber with Rising Strike to take down the larger bullet-resistance enemies with ease.

Also, maybe it's just because I never leveled it sufficiently, but Mayalee Prism also seemed to miss quite frequently for me. Pair that with its halved ranged and low DPS, and I just see an accident waiting to happen. I'd MUCH rather use a Burn/Virus/Poison G trap, then blast away up close with my shotgun, or snipe from afar with my rifle and stack status effects, if possible. There's more than one way to kill a man, anyway.

On a GM Mayalee Prisim is "ok" if you're on PC and don't get weapon-switch lag because you can do some neat combos.

Mayalee Prism > Shotgun spam keeps SEED Armites on their asses until they die, same with Gaizoneos. There is a video demo of this on youtube somewhere (essen's lightining beast s2 TA run IIRC)

If solo vs. Magashi in Bladed Legacy, you can do Mayalee Prism > Rising Prisim almost repeatedly to not only keep a group of them on their asses but also do great damage too instead of the very poor killspeed-wise of just spamming Mayalee Prisim by itself.

It's not the most needed PA but it makes you stand out from the average GM if you use it in the rare times it works good in.