Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

(Now accepting all items in quitting threads...)

Seriously though, I for one can deal with it.

If this is the way SEGA is going to make their game and treat the players then fine, I can spare a little cash to try out some of the new stuff.

If the items/missions suck, I just won't play/use the cash shop stuff. End of story.

(Although being able to get that 8/10 to 10/10 by paying a bit of extra money might reduce stress from grinding items and the need to find more.)
    Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?

I hardly see the harm in it really. People complain because they're afraid that someone will get what they've worked hard for with less work? Isn't that exactly what's been going on with the event? Looking at my character list I've got a character it took about 700 hours to hit 150 (my main who hit 150 at the end of the 1st mag), my first alt who took 400 hours to hit 150 (large amounts of Mag and Carnival), and now I've got a second alt who will hit 150 today somewhere around 250 hours.

The counter to all this would be that a character speed leveled would have garbage PAs, bullets, or techs. Not the case with a 2x PA exp boost coming up.

So, I'm not gonna run and hide with my tail between my legs, I'm gonna keep playing. This doesn't affect me if I don't want it to, and it can only affect me positively if I decide to use it.

I think it'll be a cool thing I can do for my guildies at least. Have a regular contest for my members and hand out GC missions or content as a prize. It'll definitely make the game better for them :P

If players are already buying third party meseta to get more in the game then it sounds like there is already a market out there for GC to be effective.

I won't quit over GC, but I won't be spending more on top of my GL to get items from these special GC only missions.

Quote Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
    If players are already buying third party meseta to get more in the game then it sounds like there is already a market out there for GC to be effective.
    They are, it's called Real Money Trading.
    Do a search on google for PSU and RMT to see just how widespread it is...
    Last edited by FOnewearl-Lina; May 28, 2009 at 11:31 AM.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

That Noob that keeps dyin

Are we really sure that GC is irl money? Maybe its just a hard to obtain form of in game currency? o.O (*Being Optimistic*)

Quote Originally Posted by Seere LaBeyken View Post
    Are we really sure that GC is irl money?
    100% positive. It will be available to purchase from the billing site whenever they get everything ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_J View Post
    Truth.

Also, if your unhappy with the direction PSU will take (and it will eventually hit NA also), just quit the game now. What is the point of spending more money on something that you will eventually leave behind anyway once the inevitable change is made? I did, I cut my losses months ago and I haven't been happier. I do miss the community and playing the game, but thems the breaks.

I mean seriously, the information that you see in this thread has been speculated to be integrated for at least 6 months now...I dunno why people are getting upset all of the sudden. You've had time to weigh your options and do your research.

I mean if someone told you your house was gonna get bombed in a year, and you wait until you hear the bomber coming before you throw a fit and try to find a way out of town, I think you really only got yourself to blame.

This is coming, figure out what you're gonna do. Don't wait til the last minute and throw a shitfit on the boards when it's too late and nobody will care. Make a decision and either embrace the coming change, decide to tolerate it, or cut your losses. In other words, deal.
    Feeling lonely in the quitter's box? Trying hard to convince more people to join you huh?

How sad....

Your argue that because this is 6 months away, people should quit now. This is a completely flawed argument. It is the other way around; enjoy it while it lasts. Its like a man with cancer killing himself because he only has 1 year to live. This is not a bomb coming from a B-52, it's a change that will not destroy the game. You can go ahead and partake, or not.

It's never black or white, it's shades of gray.

Don't know what you're rambling n about, but Cracka did hit it right on the money. If you are planning to quit you might as well now.

I'm sorry but your example does not fit the situation, its has nothing to do with a person's life. Its a game's lifespan(moreso), and quite frankly it would be a waste of your own life to worry about playing the game now if you already know for a fact you'll be quiiting in X months anyway. Might as well find something new to enjoy now

Signature by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by xBladeM6x View Post
    Just because they have the right and ability to do it, doesn't make it a respectfully correct thing to do.

/ argument.

Their servers are free to play on. So it's okay. They would mind all because they have to pay a sub on top of buying missions.
    Since when is it disrespectful to try and make money on your ideas and hard work? I guess they should be the nice and do everything for free? They could start by printing copies of the game mailing them out to all the 360/PS2/PC owners in the world! Then instead of pay to play they would mail us all a monthly check to keep the population up!

It's almost as if they designed this game out of some twisted desire to make money.

P.S. when you wear a blindfold all day does it ever start to itch?

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_J View Post

Also, if your unhappy with the direction PSU will take (and it will eventually hit NA also), just quit the game now. What is the point of spending more money on something that you will eventually leave behind anyway once the inevitable change is made?
    If you go by that then you shouldn't even have started playing this game when it came out since one day the servers would've been taken down.

I don't know about others, but the reason for quitting is not that I will feel cheated because others will catch up faster, but the issue is the way Sega is planning to charge more on top of 10 bucks in order to enjoy all that the game offers. For that amount of money I'll rather try out other new MMOs.