Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: District 9

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Off topic: Halo movie is gonna suck. Probably. Leave our games/cartoons alone Hollywood. ;-;

on topic: I really want to see this. I saw the previews and it looked awesome. Although a nerdy guy changing into a MAYUN isn't very original, it's still intriguing.

the reason the halo movie was canned was because he changed the script so that master chief was a side character who would make a few apearances. he made the main character a basic foot soldier, (light armor, no face protecting helmet with hud) and this foot soldier did all the big things and sabed the day.

however i can't give you a source as this is what i remember reading in a old issue of game pro, and I threw out all of them about 3 or 4 years ago because i didn't have room to store them.

as for this movie, what caught my attention was a preview were someone shot a missile and a arm (transformer looking) reached up from what looked like a pile of random metal parts and grab the missile in mid air.
    PSU characters:
    Goldbrease human lv:150 HU:10 RA:5 FF:20 FI:20

I could really care less for the Halo movie now, especially since its written by Stuart Beattie and rumored to be produced by Spielberg. (after Indy 4 I don't like him) I was really excited for Blommkamp / Jackson based on Jackson's works and Blommkamp's short film.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldbrease View Post
    as for this movie, what caught my attention was a preview were someone shot a missile and a arm (transformer looking) reached up from what looked like a pile of random metal parts and grab the missile in mid air.
    Yes, that part was awesome in the movie.

On-topic: The more I think about the movie, I think that it was really good. I'll change my rating from an 8/10 to a 9/10.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

the reason the halo movie was canned was because he changed the script so that master chief was a side character who would make a few apearances. he made the main character a basic foot soldier, (light armor, no face protecting helmet with hud) and this foot soldier did all the big things and sabed the day.

however i can't give you a source as this is what i remember reading in a old issue of game pro, and I threw out all of them about 3 or 4 years ago because i didn't have room to store them.
    ...Canned? It's coming out in about three years, being written by Stuart Beattie and produced by Steven Spielberg. You know, this is how rumors get started, like "OMG GEARBOX OWNS HALO NAO, HALO 4 COEMING IN 2010110101!!!"

A little googling can save you and those reading your posts from the confusion false information causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Split View Post
    ...Canned? It's coming out in about three years, being written by Stuart Beattie and produced by Steven Spielberg. You know, this is how rumors get started, like "OMG GEARBOX OWNS HALO NAO, HALO 4 COEMING IN 2010110101!!!"

A little googling can save you and those reading your posts from the confusion false information causes.
    Yeah, I heard 2 days ago that Spielberg got a hold of Blomkamp's (or however the you spell it) Script and really liked it. So he will probably be producing it.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeTippedGun View Post
    Yeah, I heard 2 days ago that Spielberg got a hold of Blomkamp's (or however the you spell it) Script and really liked it. So he will probably be producing it.

The only problem with both of these quotes is that Neill Blomkamp didn't even write a/the script for the Halo movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Umberger View Post
    The only problem with both of these quotes is that Neill Blomkamp didn't even write a/the script for the Halo movie.
    Yeah I thought Stuart Beattie wrote it and then Spielberg approached him and told him how much he liked it

Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

Don't worry, if a Halo movie does come out I can assure you that it will suck.

Furou-uen | Rhysa | Aeryssa | Lance

I doubt it'll be as bad as Street Fighter, Double Dragon, or Super Mario Bros.

Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

I actually liked Super Mario Bros. It was so bad that it was good.

Video games =/= good movie material in the first place.

Halo does have some potential now with the CGI and such, but I hope to god that the plot doesn't suck. Regardless, I'll still go see it.

Furou-uen | Rhysa | Aeryssa | Lance