Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Need some insight from higher levels.

I'm trying to make a character that can use both guns and techs effectively (i'd prefer to stay away from melee) with some extra emphasis on support. So who can accomplish this? (Guntecher? i think that was a psu class?)

Cast Force: Naturally high accuracy even as a force, level 30 shifta+deband combined with the suv (Wing buff unit) Support spells such as zalure are independent from tech and the class should make a cast at least passable with offensive techs right?

Newman Vanguard: Seems like it'd be super easy to combine offensive techs with guns here along with traps which i enjoy. Support would take a big hit here though wouldnt it?

Newman Force: Not gonna be good with guns??

I have a newman and a cast around the same level so some insight from some higher levels players as to where either might end up would be super appreciated. Thanks!

Oh yeah, they're both female.

Try a human.

Newman Ranger could work.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Ban blue McNuggets Save Rappies PinkyMonkey's Avatar

My newoman ranger is my fave character to play. Though the kickback on some of the guns will send ya flying.

i run a female human ranger set up as a guntecher,it works great,slicer being its only melee weapon (mostly for use when PP gets depleted) the one handed guns paired with wands are perfect for setting up chains for techs,with some two handed guns for when more distance or pure ranged is needed. human allows for the balanced stats that would make a guntecher-ish build effective,plus ranger has access to traps,just not to the degree of vanguard.

go with a cast. works 4 me
    what can't kill me, just get me pissed off.

Female Newman Vanguard.

Can a newman force shoot?

I like the level 30 shifta+deband+zalure as it offers fantastic party support. I think i would be sad to give it up for maybe some more personal damage.

Are those extra 10 levels into those three spells worth it? Or should i just forget about it?
    "A good job is a constant pileup of many much simpler tasks being done well."

You may want to give a bit more information on what you want. As you can see, Cast Force, Newman Ranger, Newman Vanguard, and Newman Force are all fine answers.

I would go with Newman Ranger purely based on extend point requirements. Since there are only three S rank tech weapons, one of which Ranger gets at intermediate price, you will be better off with that. Most of the good guns are ranger exclusives in terms of low extend point requirements. Otherwise, you are looking at around five guns at S rank by class level 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    You may want to give a bit more information on what you want. As you can see, Cast Force, Newman Ranger, Newman Vanguard, and Newman Force are all fine answers.

I would go with Newman Ranger purely based on extend point requirements. Since there are only three S rank tech weapons, one of which Ranger gets at intermediate price, you will be better off with that. Most of the good guns are ranger exclusives in terms of low extend point requirements. Otherwise, you are looking at around five guns at S rank by class level 30.

Oh sorry if i wasn't clear enough. Basically by priority i'm looking for...

1) Strong support
    2) gunning
    3) Offensive tech use.

Ranger is probably a no go due to only having level 15 techs especially the support ones

Cast force seems to hit all the three things i'm looking for but i dont know how viable such a makeup would be at higher levels

I am unsure if Newman forces would be at all competant with guns.

Newman vanguard seems like my best bet if i'm willing to take a hit in my support abilities to emphasize more damage.

Sorry am i being a bit more clear now?

I guess my questions would be thus...

1) Can cast force work?

2) Are newman forces workable with guns?

If both of the above answers are a solid NO than i'll go with newman vanguard and just settle for lvl 20 shifta,deband,zalure.
    "A good job is a constant pileup of many much simpler tasks being done well."