Default Does Playstation Network cards EVER go on sale?

Before PSPo2 came out, I didn't give 2 hoots about PSN cards.
    But from casual shopping over the years, I've seen plenty of Microsoft point deals, but hardly ever noticed any Sony card deals.

I've waited for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and no luck.
    Do PSN cards EVER go on sale?

I've been waiting for a deal ever since the US PSPo2 came out. I already own the UMD game but I also like the benefits of having the download version as well.
    I'd hate to rebuy it without justify'n some kind of savings to myself. :P
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

well there are sales within the PSN store for certain titles. Although im not to sure if they rotate the selection. But for the most part the PSN card value will probably stay the same because of those sales
    Avionics
    An individual who deals with the complex systems of todays military/civilian aircraft. Their entire mission is to make bricks "fly", and fix leaking electrons from parts, and they do it damn well. Usually pissed off individuals who are the be all end all of the sortie cock, they take and stride. Because one day, their enlistment will come to an end

That would literally be giving money away. That's basically handing the cashier $15 and in return he/she gives you $20. But as said above, I'm sure titles may be discounted from time to time.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

the cards no. and sales you get is only from PSN+ but u have to pad for to join.
    what can't kill me, just get me pissed off.

Actually. They have sales for Everybody on PSN. Only that PSN+ users get More Sales than the typical PSN user. Also, often enough, when something goes on sale for everybody, the PSN+ person may get a higher discount on the sale.

Take note, if you follow the Playstation 15th anniversary deal, you may notice that they have a special sale every week on select titles, and usually one Playstation 1 game during that week. Each Tuesday evening, they switch what the 1 week sale is about. Not sure when the 15th anniversary deal ends, but I would imagine they'll do this stuff until the end of this month. After that, it'll be back to occasional sales you'll just have to check back on a Tuesday to see.

So yeah, no sales on the actual PSN points as they're pretty much the same as Cash. They only put sales for merchandise you can buy with them.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Dec 7, 2010 at 04:13 PM.

i'll have to look in this again. forget about that.
    what can't kill me, just get me pissed off.

Oh. There's PSN and PSN+ accounts? I'm guessing it's similiar to xbox live silver & gold accounts?
    So I guess I just have to wait till there's an actual discount on PSPo2 itself in the PSN store? Dang, that might take a year or 2...

Thanks for the info guys.
    Also, for those who say giving out discounts on PSN cards is like giving $ away. Well, I've seen xbox live cards discounted several times a year (from Amazon & other places).
    And xbox live had several sales on spending X amount of points to earn more points (if I remember correctly).
    I'm not sure how they can afford to discount the cards, but they do happen. And I figured Sony might do the same to try and compete with xbox live from time to time.
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

Microsoft Point cards are a little different though. It's not like you're trading $20 of actual money for $20 of virtual currency. It's more of buying a bundle of points that are used to purchase stuff on XBL.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02