Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So its like a rally then?
    Hmm....

I wonder if PS franchise is slowly being japan exclusive.

$500 on this never even being mentioned stateside.

Grats on discover another usless PSU game...SEGA where bad Ideas come to play

Quote Originally Posted by DarK-SuN View Post
    Makes you wonder how Phantasy Star Eternal Planets will be like whenever they announce it.
    GPS games could potentially work outside Japan, with the proper marketing, which we know won't happen (less because of SEGA, more because of mobile game mentality outside Japan).
    Not because of mobile game mentality outside of Japan, but more likely due to software and phone differences between the World, and Japan.

Mobage is coming stateside, I believe. DeNA, the company behand Mobage, bought up ngmoco, a iOS/Android/Smartphone game developer, and is now working on Mobage for iOS.

Oh, that's good to know, maybe we'll end up seeing something similar for Android and iOS (not necessarily PS Eternal Hunters though, unless miracles happen).

Pursuant of the Red Box Checkmate's Avatar

This Eternal Hunters concept is pretty "similar" to the Pokemon Pedometer device it seems. The concept of that is the more you walk around, it counts your steps, the more points you gain to exchange for ingame items and enhance your characters attributes/armor/etc.

I've been to a few anime conventions and seen them everywhere. Apparently it's "the new thing" in Japan and also encourages getting outdoors and exercise. My friend ties his Pokemeter to his dog and lets him roam around the neighborhood. lol
    Hi, I'm Checkmate and I approve this message.

Paid for by stealing your bike, bootlegging CDs and in-theatre movies out the trunk of your teenage daughter's car.

PSO 2 Char: Newtype Ship/Block: 10/20
    FO Lv40; HU Lv5; RA Lv5

Ideally we have a large enough market everyone I know (except me) has an iPhone, Droid, or some type of smartphone. As usual though we just don't have enough people stateside who like the Phantasy Brand enough to make it have a western release. Now if it was something like Pokemon I'm positive there would be a chance but sadly most people like Pikachu more than a Rappy.

Hopefully this is not a sign that the upcoming Infinity will be JP only...
    She is style
    She is grace
    But most importantly, she'll break your face <3

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    I've been to a few anime conventions and seen them everywhere. Apparently it's "the new thing" in Japan and also encourages getting outdoors and exercise. My friend ties his Pokemeter to his dog and lets him roam around the neighborhood. lol
    The GPS "games" were popular a few years ago as a way to invigorate some of the rural areas of Japan but they aren't very popular anymore. Pokemon's pedometer only lasted a single game.

Even if I didnt like gameplay id buy it for being a fan of PS
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity レッドファンタシースター Lv. 91 Rebirth 4 times (1 at lv.200, 2 at lv.50, 1 at lv.71)

Love is a complicated thing....

Pursuant of the Red Box Checkmate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The GPS "games" were popular a few years ago as a way to invigorate some of the rural areas of Japan but they aren't very popular anymore. Pokemon's pedometer only lasted a single game.
    Maybe not in Japan who had time to fiddle with it, loved it then hated it then tossed it but it's still in circulation @ the anime conventions I've been to recently in USA. I don't know which games these guys were playing. I should ask.

Still... I would want this PS: EH. I use my iPhone for music when I go running. Perfect.
    Hi, I'm Checkmate and I approve this message.

Paid for by stealing your bike, bootlegging CDs and in-theatre movies out the trunk of your teenage daughter's car.

PSO 2 Char: Newtype Ship/Block: 10/20
    FO Lv40; HU Lv5; RA Lv5