Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Unfortunate Implications

I'd like talk about something that I notice almost as soon as Phantasy Star Universe was released. The most Unfortunate Implications surrounding the predominate inhabitants of the planet Moatoob.

The Beast race is largely shown to be dark skinned. They are very physically powerful but have lower mental acuity than the other race; are often shown to be impulsive and short tempered. And have a bad reputation of criminal activity. Not only are their features animalistic; they can actually turn into a monstrous bestial thing! While the Newman race was created as an experiment in transhumanism. The Beast were created as slavelabor.
    My friend code, 4340 2584 8924

U need to stop playing PSU for a while
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

We had a thread about this a few months ago. As one can imagine, it went south rather quickly. Yes, Beasts were initially used as slave labor, a long time ago (PSU time, obviously). They aren't anymore.

Well you can even see Africa's shape on the map of the Moatoob mission counter, lol. There are lot of such references in the game, with Howzer (Hauser) and Helga being curiously Third Reich German in name and their ambition.

I am actually sure all those implications are wanted. Just don't misinterpret them to make the developers seem like racists.
    Last edited by GCoffee; Jan 22, 2011 at 06:03 PM.

Yup created a race of super strong beings to do slave labor. Dark skinned most likely due to being exposed to the sun most of their lives.

seems like a perfectly fine excuse to randomly throw in a new beast race into the series lol
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Quote Originally Posted by Râul View Post
    Well you can even see Africa's shape on the map of the Moatoob mission counter, lol. There are lot of such references in the game, with Howzer (Hauser) and Helga being curiously Third Reich German in name and their ambition.

I am actually sure all those implications are wanted. Just don't misinterpret them to make the developers seem like racists.
    You think way too much into things. Whether they were meant to be implicated or not, who cares? Just play the game for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    We had a thread about this a few months ago. As one can imagine, it went south rather quickly. Yes, Beasts were initially used as slave labor, a long time ago (PSU time, obviously). They aren't anymore.

Just how bad did it get?
    My friend code, 4340 2584 8924

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    You think way too much into things. Whether they were meant to be implicated or not, who cares? Just play the game for what it is.
    I will think about that if there ever is a shooter where I *only heavily implicatedly* am a Nazi killing all sorts of people because I am the superior race

Who said I even mind those implications? Doesn't change the fact that they are in the game and that I notice them.

The linked page in the OP lost its credibility the second I realized the grammar is an utter mess all over that page.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

LoL this is Dumb, You do realize that every new race in Phantasy Star are always in slavery. Muskcats,Neumans,Cast,Beast even Humans all had there turn in that part in the storyline. Next it will be Dumans most likely. If you try to find something wrong you'll always will.