Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GrandTickler View Post
    the question is, will sacrificing precious s-r-t-atk be worth it to stabilize your damage with abl, or will the dmg boost from s-r-t be worth more?

i rather have 500-1500 instead of a steady 800dmg.
    I'd need to see the difference between like a level 40 character with a +150 attack mag, and a +150 ability mag
    Because right now I don't know which is more worth it

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    If enemies have their own ability stat, then it should affect how erratic their damage is while hitting you, and nothing else
    Unless you're saying that high level enemies' ability should cause a penalty to your own ability

From the book, it says that the skill stat work by compare your skill to enemy skill. it says that you will land your max damage more often if you skill is higher, basically.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

I'd rather have 500-1500 instead of a steady 800dmg.
    Variance is very bad for good performance.
    Were you around in PSO1 days? Weapons with high variance sucked compared to weapons with fixed damage, even when they had a higher average damage.
    The gameplay in PSO2 is very different, though, so it may not matter so much to know in how many hits you will kill a monster, but a variance of 1000 damage is a no go.

If ABL reduces damage variance by increasing the minimum damage value (which would be the contrary of what was the case with high-variance weapons in PSO1), then it's the statistic to go, because it will automatically increase DPS more; but that needs more testing, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    From the book, it says that the skill stat work by compare your skill to enemy skill. it says that you will land your max damage more often if you skill is higher, basically.
    Can you type/paste the section that explains this?

i rather have 500-1500 instead of a steady 800dmg.
    This also depends on your class. As a Ranger, I'd much rather have a steady stream of damage, rather than massive fluctuations. I would suspect the inverse for Hunters and Forces, to simply tap into that max hit potential, but for class that specializes in constant and consistent damage, large fluctuations = bad.

Either way, until someone can actually confirm the function of Ability, I'll continue with my hybrid Shot/Ability Drill Tank Mag :3

Have I hated you properly today?

my mag is atm 50 skill 47 tech

wasted on skill?
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Can you type/paste the section that explains this?
    I've also been saying this for the past month in various threads, but this still keeps coming up. Here you go from the PSO2 website.

攻撃に関する能力です。相手より技量が高ければ、ダメージの期待値を上げることができます。キャラクター自 身の値やそのほかの補正が合計された値になります。

What the previous poster is referring to is this part.

相手より技量が高ければ、ダメージの期待値を上げることができます
    The higher your damage is in comparison to your opponent, the higher your expected damage output will be.

So basically, putting together the definition and the data; ability has to be higher than your own weapon's attack AND the enemy's invisible ability stat, in order to have negligible damage variance

I was stuck thinking it had to be one or the other, but this makes more sense actually

Lets see here: ( "攻撃に関する能力です。相手より技量が高ければ、ダメージの期待値を上げることができます。キャラクター 自 身の値やそのほかの補正が合計された値になります。" --> "The higher the skill is the ability of attacks. Than the opponent will be the correction value and other values ​​can increase the expected value of the damage. Of character itself is total."

Basically if im understanding this correctly The higher your Skill in Ability over the enemies determines if your attack can increase. But i still feel health has a roll in this.

So basically, putting together the definition and the data; ability has to be higher than your own weapon's attack AND the enemy's invisible ability stat, in order to have negligible damage variance

I was stuck thinking it had to be one or the other, but this makes more sense actually
    I don't think its both only the overall Ability needs to be higher then the Enemies.

Huh this means that the people in the Hunter Tree Discussion are already above the Ability of the Yellow Monkeys giving them the highest damage output. Which in turn wont show any difference unless something is different with their armor or weapons in which case they do more damage. But still Health mush have a roll in this as i do possibly 50% more damage to any given boss on any mission.

Great find though! Mind linking the source?
    Last edited by IAmSecretSpy; Jul 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM.

http://pso2.jp/players/manual/prepar...nfo/character/
    技量: 攻撃に関する能力です。相手より技量が高ければ、ダメージの期待値を上げることができます。キャラクター自 身の値やそのほかの補正が合計された値になります。
    ABL: related to attack; can raise your expected damage based on having higher ABL than the foe (after taking into account ABL bonuses and modifiers).

Pretty audacious to completely ignore the official source while theorizing. :P
    But your theory implies that at one certain point your average damage can DROP by strengthening your weapon. Have you tested that? I feel skeptical.

I'd rather base theories on what the official player guide says, but it'd raise the question whether the same mechanic would be applied the other way around as well (relative ABL affecting the damage monsters do to you). Wonder if anyone could test that.