View Poll Results: Will you switch servers?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

55 22.63%
  • No

135 55.56%
  • Debating

53 21.81%
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

I have been saying it to myself for years now that ever since the fall of the Dreamcast, and being bought by Sammy Corp, they have changed for the worst.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

I think they been like that since the dreamcast. It's why they let it die.

I still question why some people here think the US version of an MMO needs to be right near where the original server is or it isn't worth playing on...
    I mean really....only a 6 month difference at the start is not a bad content gap, and who says the gap cannot lessen over time? You people should wait until the US/EU version is actually released and see how it does before you start hating on it. Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    Since when are international transactions forbidden by laws? never heard of that before. I've seen that the rules of the game state what you say, but that's no law (correct me if I'm mistaken).

In any case, yes, I'm breaking a rule and I don't have any problem with that as I consider the risks of breaking it worth the benefits, same way that most gamers here (you included, probably) have actually broken the law (this time, for real) downloading games or other pirated digital media.
    You're off in the wrong direction...

It is against the rules (of PSO2) to purchase currency when you're outside of Japan, and at the same time you likely used a false address to buy it which is where the illegal part comes in (Tenso addresses do not count as being " perfectly legal", it's a service that buys stuff in Japan for you, this is still technically not completely un-fishy).

It's in SEGA's hands to enforce their rules, and I won't have a complaint the moment they decide to do so and I end banned for that reason. But honestly, I think enforcing a rule that would make them get less money isn't at the top of their list, if you want my opinion. I'm not causing any negative issue to other players as hacking, cheating or harrasing would, in fact I'm benefiting the game, even if not allowed by the rules. And if I my only option was to play in the US servers when didn't like them, I wouldn't do it, so is not like they'd force me to play where I don't want to.
    So why bother with that at all when you can just go on the US/EU server and not worry about being banned?

Yes, but against your example of a game totally unrelated to SEGA you have the example of the whole PS series that has never gotten that sort of treatment, except for maybe some cosmetic/DCL differences or billing system, as it was in the case of PSU 360 vs PSU JP. Against your example, you have PSO, PSO ep II, PSO ep III, PSO BB, PSU, PSU AotI, PSPo, PSPo2, PS0... Which are all from the same company as PSO2.

Of course, I don't see either why SoA couldn't do the same with PSO2 -if SoJ let them, and even if it has never happened before- but I don't see why such changes would make the game better, either.
    Valid point.

Going back to my point: Is the western version of TERA a "better" game than the korean version? For who?

Even if I highly doubt that what you say will happen, I've never denied that, in the case I considered the US version the better game, I wouldn't switch. I'm just saying that I'll stick with the JP servers before deleting my account and jumping blindly into the US servers, because experience has taught me that SEGA doesn't take good care of the localized versions of their games. And I have nothing to lose by doing that.
    Yes. It's a much better game. It's easier to level, it's easier to enchant (in terms of of level of tediousness, not lack of challenge). Certain things are just mechanized better. Some Koreans even play on the US server.

Quote Originally Posted by Zari View Post
    I still question why some people here think the US version of an MMO needs to be right near where the original server is or it isn't worth playing on...
    I mean really....only a 6 month difference at the start is not a bad content gap, and who says the gap cannot lessen over time? You people should wait until the US/EU version is actually released and see how it does before you start hating on it. Seriously...
    Agreed in addition to my earlier post.
    Last edited by Sierhiet; Jul 30, 2012 at 02:55 PM.

More people afking?
    More people dancing?
    More people spamming?
    More people hacking?

No thank you, staying with japs!

Quote Originally Posted by BehelitOutlaw View Post
    More people afking?
    More people dancing?
    More people spamming?
    More people hacking?

No thank you, staying with japs!
    Because these things never happen on JP servers!

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Key word: More.

Quote Originally Posted by Zari View Post
    I mean really....only a 6 month difference at the start is not a bad content gap
    No, it IS a bad content gap.

Sticking with the JP servers especially if that is the case.
    Last edited by Zyrusticae; Jul 30, 2012 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Yes it does, thats why i can't wait for US/EU servers to open so they can move and d oit there

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Key word: More.

No, it IS a bad content gap.

Sticking with the JP servers especially if that is the case.
    Are you thinking of it as getting stuff 6 months after every time they get an update, because if you approach it logically, being 6 months behind still means that we would get regular updates. (IE not 6 months from every JP update).

Also...the mischievious players will play stay on JP at this point, seeing as you guys put up a nice poll as to where most of you will be residing, so you can get hammered and "window banned" without being able to address it to customer support since you aren't Japanese. I'll take my nice, cozy, safe US/EU servers.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jul 30, 2012 at 03:12 PM.