Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This happened to a friend in my team about a month ago, and he's gotten absolutely no response or help from Sega whatsoever. It's not a "GAIJIN PIGGU GO HOME" thing either, Japanese players on 2ch have complained about Sega's poor customer support regarding 816 as well, so unfortunately you are most likely out of luck.
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.
    Yet by the blade of knights, mankind was given hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    ...Sega's poor customer support regarding 816...
    Sega's overall support in a nutshell. They're becoming Konami-esque in terms of service.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

At just around this same time last year, I too lost all my characters to error 816. I'm sorry to have to reiterate what Z-0 is saying, but you have to be prepared to lose that account permanently. While some people have been lucky enough to have their accounts unfrozen, I know of at least a couple others who have never received any reply from Sega, but who have rebuilt their accounts successfully from scratch. To date, Sega has not replied to me at all.

It isn't a lost cause though. All the new adjustments making it easier to level and unlock things means that reaching VH is a breeze, and SH/XH, is merely a matter of time and effort, especially with the lower VHAQ requirements. FYI, I lost nearly everything, except for a fraction of my stuff (I had equipment and costumes all the way back from the Open Beta), but I had enough left over from a spare account that I could rebuild my character to a minimum level. And one year on, my characters are all back to their previous levels, and are actually more powerful than before because I had the benefit of experience and all the online guides and tools that I didn't have when starting out.

Re-gearing and equipping was so much more efficient, and with just a few Magatsu runs and a month of premium, you should be able to get enough weapon and unit tickets to get decent previous gen equipment to get by. Even if you don't get premium, Crafted Red Weapons and mag speed leveling using mini food devices bought with Photon Spheres can easily put you back on par with the average decently geared player.

If you have a team able and willing to help you out with baseline equipment and help with the initial level cap and H/VH unlock COs, that will make things go much smoother as well, but it's not that critical. The hardest part of rebuilding is with regards to your character's look and collecting back LAs. There's a lot of tickets that are now very/too expensive to buy back or no longer even available (especially for LAs), so it will be necessary to prioritize only those tickets that you absolutely must have. Costumes are less of an issue, with most older outfits already at reasonable prices.

Finally, and this is important if you do choose to continue, take a look at the events just before you were 816'ed and try to figure out why the account was given the ban. In my case, I shared a WM ticket across several accounts without knowing that Sega had enacted a no mercy autoban policy against WM code sharing just sometime prior to that. Once you know what to avoid, then you should be able to rebuild your account without fearing another 816.

Anyone knows the reason of the bans??
    Did you guys do something to get yourselfs banned?

I don't know what to tell you. I've never been hit with a 816 (yet) but when it comes to support I couldn't even get replies to basic questions.

They say that, error 816 is an inquiry, checking if your account is hacked or abused.

If you didn't receive any mail, you can send an inquiry to SEGA:
    https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/ (the first box, "SEGA ID/ACに関するお問い合わせ" is the right form)

The form is like the one Arredoval posted.

SEGA says, they will respond in 3 business days plus alpha. So it might take some time before you get your verdict of not guilty.

EDIT: Just from curiosity( I don't know well about vpn stuff), when you use a vpn, is your IP address fixed? Even an access from Japan, when your IP address is not the one you used before, the system warns you and request confirmation through your registered mail address. Might be something related to this?
    Last edited by dekopong; Oct 10, 2015 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dekopong View Post
    They say that, error 816 is an inquiry, checking if your account is hacked or abused.

If you didn't receive any mail, you can send an inquiry to SEGA:
    https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/ (the first box, "SEGA ID/ACに関するお問い合わせ" is the right form)

The form is like the one Arredoval posted.

SEGA says, they will respond in 3 business days plus alpha. So it might take some time before you get your verdict of not guilty.

EDIT: Just from curiosity( I don't know well about vpn stuff), when you use a vpn, is your IP address fixed? Even an access from Japan, when your IP address is not the one you used before, the system warns you and request confirmation through your registered mail address. Might be something related to this?
    VPNs change your IP Address, but that isn't actually what makes the confirmation request come up. Each computer has a MAC address. (Media Access Control Address) and as long as that doesn't change it won't ask you for a confirmation. Some cheap VPNs change this. Something like using putty - Amazon EC - PSO2, won't change it and therefore it won't ask you for confirmation while the game still shows you used a new IP address if you check the logs.

It is better to check for MAC addresses in this case because then you actually know it was a different PC that logged in on a player... or that they used a cheap VPN a few too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    VPNs change your IP Address, but that isn't actually what makes the confirmation request come up. Each computer has a MAC address. (Media Access Control Address) and as long as that doesn't change it won't ask you for a confirmation. Some cheap VPNs change this. Something like using putty - Amazon EC - PSO2, won't change it and therefore it won't ask you for confirmation while the game still shows you used a new IP address if you check the logs.

It is better to check for MAC addresses in this case because then you actually know it was a different PC that logged in on a player... or that they used a cheap VPN a few too many times.
    Oh, I see. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    W-wait, what? What all does this cover? Now I'm nervous. I've helped friends out with WM before and just let them use my WM account for it so they wouldn't have to deal with as many Japanese menus... I'm fine now, but does this mean I shouldn't be doing this anymore?
    I remember someone else posted here and they shared WM codes across multiple accounts and their account and others got banned for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    W-wait, what? What all does this cover? Now I'm nervous. I've helped friends out with WM before and just let them use my WM account for it so they wouldn't have to deal with as many Japanese menus... I'm fine now, but does this mean I shouldn't be doing this anymore?
    It had something to do with blocking RMT'ers, but basically it was banning players from buying a single large WM ticket (eg: 10000 WM) and splitting the code across multiple accounts (say, acc 1 gets 5000 WM, acc 2 gets 3000 WM, acc 3 gets 1000 WM x 2). This would autoban all 3 accounts. Buying and using individual tickets using the same WM account would still be ok I think.