Once upon a time, there was a lovely young lady named Millenia. She was a talented force, with a cute little pet Sumba. She took good care of her Sumba, carefully monitoring its diet, in hopes that one day it would become a Marica, but, it never did. Millenia was sad, because she really wanted a Marica, but her spiteful little Sumba simply wouldn't do as she wished. And the moral of the story is, don't spoil your pets, they'll just bite you in the ass for it later

Any ideas as to *why* the stupid thing didn't evolve? Its stats were right, (17 defense, 28 power, 11 dex, 0 mind) Only thing I can think of is the 0 in mind, is that possible?

Having no MIND on the MAG shouldn't effect it as long as none of the stats are identical (excluding DEF) and the DEF is less than 45. The only thing I can think of is that you've skipped evolution levels by gaining two levels simultaneously. Feed it to exactly level 60, 65, 70, etc. and see what happens.

Other thoughts... What's your char's section ID? Have you fed the MAG with any other chars (had anyone else feed it for you)? What Photon Blasts does the MAG have?

Yes, you were correct, it must have gained two levels at once, as when it hit 55, it has now become the Marica I wanted

I don't (can't...) play online, so it's nothing like that, and my section ID is Greenill, though that's now somewhat irrelevant having learned that it simply missed the evolution level.

Thank you for your reply. In future, I'll be sure to look into things a little further before rushing here seeking guidance