Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ghost, Politically Incorrect

I finally got around to get a new DC and play v2 offline for practice before GC. I finally get to ult mines 1&2. The first thing I noticed is how dumb and non-hyped the Gilchichs are compared to their counterparts in vhard. The vhard ones shot like crazy rangers on a rampage while the ones in ult just float slowly and take 200 off you when they finally get there (give me a break, I'm only lv 103 w/o online support). The ones in ult get stuck on a corridor while I bust them with a red saber (with an awful 15 mines). Almost all of them get stuck by the edge, except for those mechanical canabinal canabines. Geez, the ones in vhard were actually smarter. These guys in ult just got tougher and dumber. (Damn you sinow red, you won't be laughing when I get a Soma!!!)

Any thoughts on ult enemies getting dumber? (note that I haven't gotten to ult ruins while I'm 104 now with a HUmar)

The AI is the same for all modes...

The Delsaber don't seem to be dumber in ult to me. It uses the shield faster and better than in vhard.

Wow, you got to 104 with only offline. I congragulate you.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

err Delsaber??? (shivers run down spine)

I still need to get to that pillar in mines and hit it.

Most of the AI stayed the same except for Nano Dragon and Gilchich, nano retaliates in the air now, and gilchichs don't shoot as often in my case.

I still need to get to ruins to truly experience everything,
    Da Ral Lie was easy,
    sil got fast as hell,
    and is Vol Opt ver2 a joke?

Svm Inimicus Mali

Actually, Nano Dragons can retaliate in the air in any difficulty. It's happened to me! >_X I think you have to hit it while it's moving from one spot to another (not up or down) and have its HP rather low for it to do so, however.

Heh heh heh, Nano Dragons saved my life before. It's actually trying to beam at me, but instead it beams at other enemies in front of me! Dumbasses.

Oh, that's my little error, I remembered another time in hard mode where the dragon did the same thing, except I hit it just at it's peak, than, near landing, it shot at me.

Oh, those of you wondering, yes, I made it all the way offline in v2 to 104,

6 red handguns, only 2 of which have good percents ( 0 5 0 30) ( the other is just a measely 15 native)
    2 red sabers ( 0 0 15 0 5) (25 45 0 25 )
    1 red dagger ( 25 5 0 5 )
    1 summit moon ( 40 0 0 0 ) (damn myself for being a HUmar, won't be able to use it)

(heads for the nearest transporter to ult F1)

I'm fairly certain the AI in Ultimate is the same as any other difficulty, but there *is* one difference...

Size increase. It's far easier to get enemies to turn around and walk away from you because of hitting another one in front of it in Ultimate than Vhard. Could this be what's happening with the Gillchichs? More accurately that question is: Can they shoot through other enemies? I know Dark/Death gunners can't.

They can shoot through enemies.

Letting nano dragons kill enemies is a really bad idea, since it increases their strength.

Ultimate mode enemies are definetely tougher. Crimson Assasins freeze you, Sinows are armored and don't react much to your attacks, Dark Bringers don't have a blind spot, Sorcerers use grants, etc.