Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Developer interview notes from Dengeki PlayStation

Shougai PSO just posted some details from a developer interview in the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation.

Re: AOTI items
    * A future update will re-introduce a new way to get the sabers Sange and Yasha.
    * As it stands, the only way of getting them was through MAG and Dengeki Mission Carnival.
    * The Stique series of weapons available in The Arms Dealer are recommended for leveling photon arts.
    * Stique weapon characteristics are high PP recovery and low PA power.

Re: AOTI events
    * The "GUARDIANS Report" will return for Japan's 2nd anniversary event. (This report gives details on various player statistics such as most popular race, sex, type, etc.)
    * Expect more of the most popular features from last year's 1st anniversary celebration.

Re: AOTI GMs and management plans
    * A feature similar to our weekly GM live support is being considered for Japan. (Wow, we actually influenced them!?)
    * It is noted that the GMs and development staff are two separate divisions.

Re: AOTI player shops
    * It is stated that it would be very difficult to change the number of digits used to price items.
    * In place of doing that, a new shop system is being planned.

Re: AOTI missions
    * New items will be added to The Clothier in a future update. No specifics were given as to what will be added.
    * More new weapons similar in style to the Stique series will be added to The Arms Dealer.
    * A system update will change the influence of time and party members on the chances of a rare mission appearing. The clear time of a mission will not have as great of an effect, however the number of party members will have a greater effect than now.

Re: What lies beyond AOTI?
    * The developers want to put more focus in linking PSP and AOTI with unique content.
    Last edited by EspioKaos; Jun 25, 2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Slight clarification.

1st post

umm increased in digits could take place if a new shop is implyed?
    so what we can have more moneY?
    Khanny - Female Cast - Hunter - Fighter - Ship 10 Lv 30

"I kinda do YouTube "

"A future update will re-introduce a new way to get the sabers Sange and Yasha."

I was hoping they would do this.

Fabulous. No more need to farm MAG now. (Except for the grinding bonus.)

Re: AOTI events
    * The "GUARDIANS Report" will return for Japan's 2nd anniversary event. (This report gives details on various player statistics such as most popular race, sex, type, etc.)
    * Expect more of the most popular features from last year's 1st anniversary celebration.

>>> , shade of the darkness haven't started yet. another event again!!? It will be on September if it is 2nd year celebration. but... I think it is too fast <_<; another after another...

Re: AOTI GMs and management plans

>>>our only adventage is going to be stolen D:

GM and developer are separate division :

>>> this is what I alway say. people on our side should realize this instead of complain everything to GM.
    Last edited by Arika; Jun 25, 2008 at 10:35 AM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

* A feature similar to our weekly GM live support is being considered for Japan. (Wow, we actually influenced them!?)
    We have weekly GM live support? I've never heard of this. To what are they referring? Is this only on the PC/PS2 servers?

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    Re: AOTI player shops
    * It is stated that it would be very difficult to change the number of digits used to price items.
    * An increase in digits could take place if a new shop system is implemented.
    Guess people are running out of places to store their money. Of course adding digits to the money system will cause amazing inflation on item costs. Things that use to cost 10mil will now cost 100mil. things that cost 99mil will cost 999mil (or more depending on the number of digits added). Sure it makes sense to expand the economy because of how easy it is to get money, but I still don't think this is the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO22000 View Post
    We have weekly GM live support? I've never heard of this. To what are they referring? Is this only on the PC/PS2 servers?
    It's for all servers. Here is the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by desturel View Post
    Guess people are running out of places to store their money. Of course adding digits to the money system will cause amazing inflation on item costs. Things that use to cost 10mil will now cost 100mil. things that cost 99mil will cost 999mil (or more depending on the number of digits added). Sure it makes sense to expand the economy because of how easy it is to get money, but I still don't think this is the best idea.
    exactly how would that cause inflation, you still have the same amount of money and things are still worth the same amount just now you can hold more than 99 mil. its not like there adding a extra zero to your money as well.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    It's for all servers. Here is the schedule.
    Thanks Espio, I was not aware of this. I suppose it works the same as it did during the Winter Event, with them starting a party in the waiting room of a Guardians branch and players joining as space is available? Interesting.