Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSP Demo FAQ

Exclamation PSP Demo FAQ

There's a lot of questions floating around, and a lot of topics made for just 1 question at a time lol. Lets see if I can get them all in here at once.

Where do I get this demo?
    Currently you can only get the demo through a download or a torrent. It is against forum rules to post a direct link though. You can also wait until the 14th and download it off the Japanese site i believe, it'll be a great way to spend those 2-3 days when PSU will be offline!

I don't know Japanese, how am I supposed to know in this demo what class I chose?
    When you make a character dont move the class thing unless you know what your doing. The first class will always be Hunter, go right and your at Ranger, go right again and your at Force.

What Classes are in the demo, what can they use, and what are the req. for them?
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146433<------ weapons
    http://psupedia.info/PSP:Phantasy_St...ments_and_caps <------ requirements

How do Classes effect drops?
    The drops you get from enemies depends on your class. The enemies have a much higher chance of dropping a weapon that is equip-able to your class. So for example, if you are a Hunter you will get mostly striking weapons.

How does the drop system work when playing multi-player?
    The party leader's class will determine the drops of the party. Also if a rare is picked up the rare will go to everyone.

Whats different about drops in PS:P?
    You can now get Meseta from boxes! Photon arts and clothes will now drop in missions! In the demo clothes do not drop because you can't change clothes in the demo. Weapon Badges also seem to drop in the missions, and will have a use in the full game. Grinders also drop fully made in missions.

Have they changed grinding in this game?
    Yes! You now get grinders fully made in missions. Your weapons can no longer break but when grinded gain random stat boosts.

Synthesis?
    There seems to be no more synthesis in PS:P! :O Everything drops fully made now, and weapons and armors are very random now! You can possibly get a 1% weapon and a 50% weapon right next to each other.

If there is no more synthesis what purpose will my PM serve?
    Because there is no synthing, there is no need to level up a PM. your PM type is selected when u create your character. You get it's card after beating the 1st story mission. She serves as a unit of information. She can tell you how many runs you did where, and the stats and info of certain monsters you have fought before and so on and so forth.

How do you go about selecting missions and such?
    The lobby system was taken out. You now navigate through the mission counter and shops of each planet using menus with background pictures of where you are.

What Limitations does the demo have?
    Spoiler!

Can you transfer your character from the console game to the Portable game?
    Yes you can along with your demo character!!

If you import from your console your character will start off with either whitll wings or the Healing SUV depending if your character is a cast or not. Also, only 20 lvls of your character and 10k of meseta will be transferred along with whatever clothes you were wearing.

If you import your character from the demo than anything and everything from your demo character will be moved over. This is the use of weapon badges being collected in the demo.

Also, because its only in Japan right now, there is no word on whether u can import your US character into the JP game as of yet.

Is there any form of storage or any way to transfer items?
    So far in the demo at least there is no way of storing or transferring. I am unsure about the full game though.

How does the performance of this game compare to the console versions?
    The game seems to run smoothly offline and online, although it does get a bit of slowdown when there is a large amount of things going around (like the pretty baton's heart effect) Of course the demo is all downloaded onto the memory stick so it has no disc to read, but hopefully the full game will run just as smooth.

Is the Just Attack and Just counter system still in this game?
    Yes.

Is this game online?
    No, this is an Local multi-player and offline single player game. There is a program called Xlink Kai that allows u to play Local games online though

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146358

And no there is no fee.

Umm...... how do u save? hehe
    When you press start in a lobby it should be the last option to the right. It also asks you to save after every mission. The top option is yes, the bottom is no.

If there are any more questions any of you feel the need to be added into this FAQ guide please let me know and post it here. I will be updating this another time with what weapons drop in the demo.
    Last edited by pikachief; Jul 10, 2008 at 04:53 PM.
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

Awesome on the fly link to my thread

Well made FAQ pika.
    This should help most people who are having problems.
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~

I have a question... how is the gameplay performance? PS2 version lags and such... does the PSP version have serious issues like that?
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Quote Originally Posted by watashiwa View Post
    I have a question... how is the gameplay performance? PS2 version lags and such... does the PSP version have serious issues like that?
    Not that I've noticed, It runs pretty smoothly online also. Only thing was the Pretty Baton (doubles that shoots hearts) seems to cause a little slowdown.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post

Can you transfer your character from the console game to the Portable game?
    Yes you can along with your demo character!!

If you import from your console your character will start off with either whitll wings or the Healing SUV depending if your character is a cast or not. Also, only 20 lvls of your character and 10k of meseta will be transferred along with whatever clothes you were wearing.

If you import your character from the demo than anything and everything from your demo character will be moved over. This is the use of weapon badges being collected in the demo.
    Any word on the ability to import a character from the US PC/PS2 version?
    FoCaseals Forever! ...and don't forget to drink your Ramune! ^-^

I have another question, as well-- is there any type of storage in the demo, or are we just stuck with our 60-item inventory?

I know we cannot access our rooms, and it is just the demo, so it would make sense if we had the low item limit.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Well done. Try to keep it accurately updated, and we'll see where this can go.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhedrimond View Post
    I have another question, as well-- is there any type of storage in the demo, or are we just stuck with our 60-item inventory?

I know we cannot access our rooms, and it is just the demo, so it would make sense if we had the low item limit.
    Theres no storage at all. Just sell the things you don't need, I never find myself struggling for space at all.

Shalo the Katana Warrior/Furrypaws Lacker ofTitle furrypaws's Avatar

Is the Timing system used for this one? The Just Attack or whatever it was called from AoI?

That could actually make or break my purchase, but I guess I'll have to wait and see how good the game is. It looks pretty awesome now though.