Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Another tiny glimpse of the future (for Japan)

Courtesy of Shougai PSO, a small bit of information was published in the latest issue of Famitsu Connect!On where Satoshi Sakai (director) and Yuya Kimura (planner) discuss what is planned for the Japanese PC/PS2 servers from September on. Really, all they get into is the next event (following the 2nd anniversary event coming up soon).

* Another large event is planned to begin at some point before March 2009. A name has not been decided on it yet.
    * The event is planned to have a similar structure to Maximum Attack G.
    * The developers want to have events of similar proportions three or four times per year.

Not much to it, I know. I expect we'll hear more on whatever this event may be soon. Now that Japan's current longterm schedule is coming to a close, we'll likely see the revised schedule go up on the site in the next month or so.

Now, when they say these future events will have a similar structure to MAG, I hope they don't mean one mission to run for a month. I'd much, much rather prefer something like Firebreak or Shred the Darkness with multiple missions to choose from.

Now, when they say these future events will have a similar structure to MAG, I hope they don't mean one mission to run for a month. I'd much, much rather prefer something like Firebreak or Shred the Darkness with multiple missions to choose from.
    Yes, and I don't think it's a good idea to let a game hang on by its events. I'd rather see them put their energy into making new missions, weapons, and clothes for us. I mean, so many people didn't want to level characters after MAG1 because they knew we'd get another opportunity like that, and a lot of the same people quit once it didn't come. It takes too much away from the point of leveling characters without an event.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Maybe what they mean with similar structure to mag is that parts of those events will be unlocked with points, kinda like ruins and program df on mag, but instead of being parts of just 1 mission, being their own missions that would be unlocked?...well...who knows

I'm curious about the longterm schedule though :>
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Hmmm... nothing exciting I guess. No details, no name, no exact date. Same structure as MAG? Could be either good or bad... lol that's some rough news we got here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    I'm curious about the longterm schedule though :>
    Me, too. =o Gib!

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I'm happy to know that they will be attempting to at least provide more "events." Even if they are similar in structure to MAG, or even repeats of old events, I'd be fine with that.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

No new weapons, classes, clothing, room features, missions, enemies, etc? ._.

Quote Originally Posted by super_luu View Post
    No new weapons, classes, clothing, room features, missions, enemies, etc? ._.
    Who said that?
    There's more to come, obviously. They haven't even decided on a name for the event yet, so it's just normal that a detailed description of future-related stuff will come... in the future.
    One'd think this information isn't helpful at all since it actually isn't much, but it's good that they even can at least roughly state about an event which comes after the event they haven't even gotten into detail yet (2nd anniversary event). Doh.

Wahoo.

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    * The event is planned to have a similar structure to Maximum Attack G.
    *Cries*

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    Ugh, completely agree. MAG bored me after the first weekend, nostalgia can only take you so far.

Thanks for relaying the info as always.

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    Yes, and I don't think it's a good idea to let a game hang on by its events. I'd rather see them put their energy into making new missions, weapons, and clothes for us.
    Why make new missions? People would just go back to white beast after a day or two anyways. = (
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF