Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Scans - 12/11/08

Scans here: Page 1, Page 2.

Dis I just spot English text?!

Are those chat bubbles pre-programmed in the game or are they user editable? I thought we only had visual chat for communication? Interesting…

It looks like even Newmen mechas have funny boots
    (Assuming this mecha was built by newmen of course. I make this assumption because it is a boss on the moon)
    Last edited by Percival; Dec 11, 2008 at 03:39 PM.

The 'switch please' might indeed be a quick select sentence. Good catch. Can't really tell by the word OK, though. I've seen it used often enough by japanese speakers. Consider it an english saying that's been included in the pop-culture vernacular.

It's nice of them also to include both english and japanese texts for the area descriptions, though.

Only thing is, all those faces I see in the chat. Do they expect everybody to be able to draw like that?

I'll probably end up making pictures using that wonderful www.xkcd.com (website) level of graphic art.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Dec 11, 2008 at 04:07 PM.

The return of Word Select? I find it doubtful, but I'd love it to be true.
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

Oh god please. Word select made PSO playable. Seriously.

Well, for a C-moder like me, it did.

I think the english is from the random games you join.

Remember when you join a random game it comes with predetermined chat bubbles?

The bottom right green box may be of interest to some. It has two menus. One named Enemy Collector and the other named Photon Collector. It looks like you'll be able to trade photon drops for items like in PSO. The ones listed are Harisen, Twinkle Star, not sure about the third, animal hand, and what looks like Double Scythe.

http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?p=2734#p2734
    here is a translation of the scan by EspioKaos on the PSUPedia forums:

Fixed sentence chat (word select)
    * While playing "free play" (i.e. with unknown people), this is the only way to communicate.
    * Shougai elaborates on how the word select feature works, but I'm sure we all know, so I'll spare you guys the details.

Wi-fi play (1-4 players)
    * Game modes for multi-mode include "friend play" (for those who have shared friend codes), "free play" (you can meet new people) and "single play."
    * Single play lets you play alone.
    * It also features different quests from what the story mode offers.
    * Enemies in single play mode will have higher stats than those from story mode.
    * While playing single play mode online, you can receive notifications automatically if a friend signs on.
    * You can view various stats about your friends through their guild cards. This includes how many people are in their party.

Photon collector shop
    * Cities have these underground shops where you can exchange Photon Drops for weapons and other items.
    * Twinkle Star is one such exchange.
    * Looking at the scans, Harisen, Eight Ounce, Animal Hand and Double Size are some more weapons you can get here.

Enemy collector shops
    * These are secret underground shops in the cities that take in any enemy parts you find to create enemy weapons from them.

I know it looks like there's more information at Shougai, but they're just listing a bunch of PSO items as examples of PD and enemy part exchanges.
    Last edited by Risingsun; Dec 12, 2008 at 03:03 AM.

You're right, Percy! The robot DOES have FOnewmn boots! 12" platform boots are back in style! Oh, and I'm psyched that Monster Parts are back too!
    Next Red Box is mine! Either that or i eAt yoUR sOUl!
    Wait. We each get one now? Then give me yours. I know I got one! Give me yours anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Risingsun View Post
    * While playing single play mode online, you can receive notifications automatically if a friend signs on.
    No freakin' way. This is awesome!
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphion View Post
    No freakin' way. This is awesome!
    lol, I seen that coming it only made sense Why else have it under the "WiFi" category. Besides to play solo, but still know who's online. Hopefully you can send messages and what not to your friends through that mode, or the menu screen also. (Only seems reasonable, like saying, "Can I join your party." >< )

Oh and I seen the RAcast in one of the scans is lvl 64, I'm thinking the level cap is 100+ I doubt it its 99, but thats possible. I'm hoping for ATLEAST 150. lol. (Yes I'm a grinder, maple story made me that way)

Oh post 100 kthnks.
    Last edited by ShadowInferno119; Dec 12, 2008 at 03:45 PM.