Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I went and purchased the FFXI expansion today. This prompted the cashier to mention how he was looking forward to PSU. I agreed and said I couldn't wait either. At this point he started the routine "Well if you act now and put a $5.00 down payment, you can insure your copy here!"
    So I told him I'd pass, and that I hadn't decided whether I was going with the PS2 or PC version.
    But he continued to persist, saying "You definitely want the PC version! only the Xbox and PC servers will be linked, and the PS2 version won't have as many people!"
    To which I retorted "Well, from what I've heard it's the PS2 and PC versions linked and the Xbox is still unconfirmed."
    "Nope nope, exact opposite. I swear honest to god I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true! I've reserved the PC version and so has he (points to co-worker) for this sole reason!"

Now I'm almost 100% positive that even with the mediocre level of attention I've given to keeping up to date with PSU info, I'm pretty certain the cashier's just got his wires crossed with this information.

Down for the Getdown

On 2006-07-08 12:45, Link5 wrote:
    I'm pretty certain the cashier's just got his wires crossed with this information.
    Probably. But with the recent info coming out, it says that 360 and PS2 will be connected while PC will be seperate. Tch, I wish ST would make up thier @^%*& mind.

oh man, that would be the ownage. i'm sorry, but after having to hear how much PSUX is going to suck because of the unlinked server, this is like sweet sweet revenge. If the xbox360 is linked to anything i'll consider it a victory, i was content with it unlinked. but i guess we'll just have to see.

Call me if theres any E-Drama

Think about it though, if xbox360 is linked, it will mess up live. PC and Ps2 should stay linked, because both are kb only

Its EBgames, they need to meet a quota for reservations, so of course they're going to say anything to get you to pop $5.00 down on a game. They'd say it was comming out on Dreamcast if you'd believe it.
    www.phnkmusic.com
    www.brandonfoy.tv
    3DS Friend code- 4296-3737-2855

On 2006-07-08 13:07, phunk wrote:
    Its EBgames, they need to meet a quota for reservations, so of course they're going to say anything to get you to pop $5.00 down on a game. They'd say it was comming out on Dreamcast if you'd believe it.
    You mean it isnt?! O_O
    I wouldn't listen to anything anyone says atm, just wait till you can be 100% sure for what has what and what does not.

EB games/store people most often don't know what they are talking about.

PS2 and PC have had good relations with games especially with FF11.

it wouldn't makes sense to link 360 with PC and block out PS2.

now people even say PS2 and 360 will be linked and PC separate, as well as all 3 systems being separate.

so its tough now to believe anyone.

but if 360 and PC get linked, there's no way PS2 won't be linked with them as well.

Yeah, personally I'd like them all to be linked, but I'd be satisfied if PS2 and PC were linked. I don't think an EBGames cashier's words are the gospel truth, but I find it funny to see people act so confident over something they may be wrong about.

well they have to be confident even if they're wrong, otherwise they and their store loses credibility.

besides I think that guy you talked to is PC biased, cause he doesn't realize how much more online people PS2 has than Xbox360, even without a connected system server community.

plus his promotion of PC and pointing to his co-worker also going for PC version, is just plain obsessive with their preferred system for gaming, SO MUCH that they don't even realize Xbox360 is not linked with PC at this current time until Sega announces that they are going to link them.

the last announcement was that Xbox360 is not linked with PC but they are exploring the possibilities.

Think about it though, if xbox360 is linked, it will mess up live. PC and Ps2 should stay linked, because both are kb only

If you play ffxi like I do, you would know That Xbox360 can use keyboards. Also FFXI doesn't have voice chat, although you can voice chat with friends. Playing on both ps2 and xbox360 I haven't noticed any problems with connectivety between the 2.