Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sega announces that a PSU savegame-file will take 2,300 KB on a PS2-Memcard.

Source:
    http://www.gamefront.de/

Spielstandsgröße von Phantasy Star Universe

07.08.06 - Sega gibt bekannt, dass das Rollenspiel Phantasy Star Universe 2.300 KB Speicherplatz auf der Memory Card für den Spielstand benötigt. Release: 31.08.06 (Japan)
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

It probably has to do with compression. Back on the PC closed beta, it was running around 1300 KB or so. Maybe the PS2 doesn't have extra memory available to handle decompression? *shrugs*

My suggestion though would be to have a dedicated memory card because of required patches. (hopefully they won't require a second card just for more patches)

Yea now my "to-buy" list for when PSU comes out is:

1. PSU
    2. Keyboard
    3. Another memory card
    4. Lots of mountain dew

I have 2 memory cards so I don't mind having one exclusive to PSU

besides even if I only had 1 card, I also have the HDD where I backup all my PS1 and PS2 save files!

thats rather large looks like ill have to buy a new memory card or move a lot of files to my HDD.the only other rpg i know of with a save that large is star ocean 3's battle trophy data.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Looks like ill be buying a new mem card soon then! ooh perhaps i'll order the HORI psu mem card
    http://princessash1ey.tumblr.com/ < My little gaming blog.

I have a hard drive in my PS2, so managing game saves to free up space on my memory card won't be a problem. It's not like I'll be playing much else except for PSU after it releases anyhow. Well.. aside from some of my Xbox/X360 games.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I was expecting to have to buy a new memory card ever since they announced that patches would be stored on the memory card. Killzone does the same thing and it has a huge file that you need to download to the memory card to play online. I didn't play it for very long (because the game sucks), but I think the size of that file actually grows bigger as they release more patches for the game. Of course they couldn't do anything to stop people from unplugging their controllers in order to teleport around the map, so sonic team really needs to be careful and make sure that any bugs or abuseable programming oversights that can't be removed through these patches are caught and fixed during playtesting.

Rappy Hunter

I preorder the PSU memory card, because my other memory card is already full. Now i think i maybe should buy a third one , to keep this for PSU only...