Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSU Take Two

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/...ode=view&id=34

"To everyone,
    We thank you for purchasing Phantasy Star Universe.
    We realize the sudden ternimation of the game server for Network play was a great inconvenience to you all, and again, we apologize. We continue to work out the server and character issue that have arrisen since the game's release, and we have posted all of our available resources to bring the situation under control. Concerning the reopening of the Network Mode server, we issue the following report.

-September 6: Reopening the Network Mode Service for normal use to the players.

-Throughout the month of September, we will monitor the game's operation and immediately tackle any problem that may arise.

-October 1: Official service will restart. All players will have their free month renewed (Ending November 1)

-September 6: Reopening the Network Mode Service for normal use to the players.

We will have the problems with charater data and universe/My Room access repaired by this time. Please realize that due to load, you may have problems with Login, My Room, or disconnections between 9pm and 1am (JST). There is also the chance for other unexpected troubles during this time. We ask for your patience and understanding, and please report any issue to our inquiry site.

-Throughout the month of September, we will monitor the game's operation and immediately tackle any problem that may arise.

During September, we will be performing intense root cause analysis and verification of the both the cause of these failures, and our fixes for them. We ask that you make use of Network Mode to assist us to this end. Furthermore, if the need arises, we will be prepared to enact rollbacks. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, however we do not forsee this happening on a frequent basis.

-October 1: Official service will restart. All players will have their free month renewed (Ending November 1)

Incumbent upon the forseen success of our tests, all players who have registered their game key will have their free 30 day period reset.

Temporary change to SEGAlink

Until the official service begins, you will no longer be able to purchase Guardian Licenses (Though you may still register your game key to play if you purchase the game after this point). All customers who have registered their Credit Card information with SEGAlink will have official correspondance sent via mail. You will not be billed until the end of the official service's first 30 day cycle.

To those of you who have enjoyed Phantasy Star Universe, both online and off, we realize this is disheartening news. All of the staff members here are suffering. We have gotten many comments about these transpirings, both positive and negative. We will continue to build upon, change, and construct the PSU service. This is a promise from us all. We implore you to assist us as best you can, in inquiry, comment, and by playing through September. Any and all information will be posted to the official site.

Again, we ask for your understanding, cooperation, and forgiveness."

Sounds like they've identified the problem, but until it's 100% gone, they will not restart official service.
    Testing all through this month.

Sounds like there should have been an open stress test. 13,000 people was almost 1/10 too few...

At least I'll have Story Mode done by then.

(+countless ninja edits)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-09-04 00:08 ]</font>

On 2006-09-04 00:02, uhawww wrote:

Well, looks like I can't complain.

Thank you for the translations

Wolf ET Master

lol What kinda problem is there that ST is taking a month to fix it. ( or is it up to Sep. 6?)
    So you can play up to Nov 1 for free basically but I dont get it, they will roll back (delete?) charson Oct 1? Or is that if some kinda problems arise ...again...
    gg ST, pwnd

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-09-04 00:10 ]</font>

In before "lol no online game launches without problems"

At least Sega is talking and being honest with us. I wonder if I can get to 50 by October >.>

On 2006-09-04 00:08, peenk wrote:
    lol What kinda problem is there that ST is taking a month to fix it. ( or is it up to Sep. 6?)
    gg ST, pwnd
    It will be back back up on Sep 6, but they aren't gonna start charging anyone for it until after Oct 1.

On 2006-09-04 00:02, uhawww wrote:
    Until the official service begins, you will no longer be able to purchase Guardian Licenses (Though you may still register your game key to play if you purchase the game after this point). All customers who have registered their Credit Card information with SEGAlink will have official correspondance sent via mail. You will not be billed until the end of the official service's first 30 day cycle.
    Okay, this part is slightly confusing. I'm wondering if this means that NEW importers and NEW Japanese players won't be able to obtain a license to play online at all? (Even with their game keys..?) Or does this mean that no one can PURCHASE a license with money..? And if so.. why would ANYBODY purchase a license with money now when there can't be anybody, in the current state of the game, that is anywhere close to ending their trial. On top of that with the trial extended for another month.. why are they even making mention of not being able to purchase a license?

To me, I'm reading this as... "You can register your key for offline play, but you won't be able to obtain a license for network play." Correct or not?
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

On 2006-09-04 00:10, watashiwa wrote:
    Okay, this part is slightly confusing. I'm wondering if this means that NEW importers and NEW Japanese players won't be able to obtain a license to play online at all? (Even with their game keys..?) Or does this mean that no one can PURCHASE a license with money..? And if so.. why would ANYBODY purchase a license with money now when there can't be anybody, in the current state of the game, that is anywhere close to ending their trial. On top of that with the trial extended for another month.. why are they even making mention of not being able to purchase a license?

To me, I'm reading this as... "You can register your key for offline play, but you won't be able to obtain a license for network play." Correct or not?
    Since day one, you could enter your credit card information and purchase a GL (though it wouldn't have been charged until after trial ended).
    It means they are temporarily suspending purchases through Credit card, Netcash, Sega Cash, or Sega Mileage.

However, you can still register your key and play both online and offline

Wolf ET Master

On 2006-09-04 00:10, uhawww wrote:
    It will be back back up on Sep 6, but they aren't gonna start charging anyone for it until after Oct 1.
    Sounds like free play untill Nov 1 to me. Kinda nice of ST to do that but then again...they shouldn't have to in the first place.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

September 6th is tomorrow, JP is a day ahead of us.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Rappy Hunter

Wow...This is leaps and bounds beyond anything I've seen them do for PSO issues. They're really serious about fixing everything up. And the free month? Wow. I'm really happy about the way they're handling things and speaking up about it. It makes me feel a little safer with the idea of going online when it comes to the US.

Still...I hope they've learned from this and opt to do beta in other countries before the official release. It probably won't be nearly as popular as it is in Japan but...better safe than sorry, no?

I R PROWD OF SEGA!