Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran Fighter

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/news...ode=view&id=35
    need help translating

Edit: translation done by uhawww 7 posts down

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaply on 2006-09-05 09:51 ]</font>

heh probably says "PSU is the best game over. Chill out, distressed players, and just wait for it to be fixed."

that would be funny

Summed up really quickly in one term - "Full wipe".

EVERYTHING, including all your partner cards will be completely reset.

Edit: When they're ready to go into official service again, you will be able to keep your existing characters, but they will modify all characters by some conditions that have yet to be laid out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2006-09-05 08:59 ]</font>

Veteran Fighter

heh, those conditions don't really indicate much. they could still do an effective character wipe leaving you with just your character and guild cards you've collected

On 2006-09-05 09:08, Kaply wrote:
    heh, those conditions don't really indicate much. they could still do an effective character wipe leaving you with just your character and guild cards you've collected
    In the body-swap I experienced, I inherited the partner cards that belonged to the other guy. So, that is why they need to wipe that data as well.

On 2006-09-05 09:15, Ryna wrote:

In the body-swap I experienced, I inherited the partner cards that belonged to the other guy. So, that is why they need to wipe that data as well.

>.>

Veteran Fighter

"When they're ready to go into official service again, you will be able to keep your existing characters, but they will modify all characters by some conditions that have yet to be laid out."

I was referring to this translation with the assumption that they were referring to official service as in the october date rather than the september 6th date.

Don't worry. I got y'all covered.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/...ode=view&id=35

"On September 3rd, we halted server operations.
    This report (@Sept 5, 11pm JST) concerns the reopening of the Network servers.

As previously announced, we will be reopening the game servers for Phantasy Star Universe tomorrow evening (Sept. 6). As also noted previously, almost immediately after the servers were opened, there were reports of network stability issues, and as the population increased, we saw a congruent increase in character data failure reports. We have verified the server and character errors, and through an extended overhaul of the network system, have hopefully rectified it.

We then came to determine how best to proceed into the future. Unfortunately, the possibility of the introduction of game balance issues (*If people exploited the errors before the rollback data was saved) has forced us to enact a complete initialization of the Network data. In effect, we will have to wipe all characters, equipment, items, partner cards, and etc. prior to reinitializing the system.

Furthermore, as noted in the server stoppage and server testing announcements, adjustments in any and all scopes of server and character data may be enacted in the process of maintaining the integrity and playability of the game.

We apologize again for any inconvience this may cause. We have been attacking the network problems with full force and we ask for your cooperation and suport once the servers reopen.

For further information, please refer to the previous announcements regarding the server stoppage."

Well, there goes my lv13 character.
    Basically Sega's saying: "Alright guys. One more time, with feeling."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-09-05 09:31 ]</font>

I understand why Sonic Team is doing this. However, I still feel sorry for anyone that power-leveled in the days right after release.

Slightly Off-Topic:
    Has it been confirmed that all user data will be wiped for the official network restart on October 1st?

On 2006-09-05 09:32, Ryna wrote:
    Slightly Off-Topic:
    Has it been confirmed that all user data will be wiped for the official network restart on October 1st?
    I believe that the only wipe will be this one upcoming, and characters for those with the game in the testing phase will get to carry over through re-release. And as Lyrise stated, there may be some kind of "adjustment" to them after that point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-09-05 09:39 ]</font>