Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

im talking about in terms of physical damage and not entering SE's into the equasion(sp?)

so it gonna be between
    Protranser
    Wartecher
    Guntecher
    Fortetecher

out of those wartecher has the highest atp but low ata however i think it was mentioned somewhere in the ranger thread due to the ata on bows even wartechers can own with bows. plus since they ignore defence zalure is a non factor. i'm also not sure if s-rank bows is enough to make up for fortetechers atp deficiency. guntechers get sexy pp regen with guns. protranser has worse atp and ata than guntecher but also has level 30 bullets. it's a tough call what do you guys think.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Guntecher. 94% attack and 30 bullets. Stronger overall in terms of raw damage than wartecher after accounting for damage bonus from 30 bullets. Much more accurate than other options as well. Hands-down, Guntecher is the strongest user of bows. Fortetecher might be OK with S-ranks, but they have to make up for a 24% ATP difference and a 100% ATA difference -- using bullets at all as a fortetecher means you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a cannon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2007-01-16 23:15 ]</font>
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.
    Remember kids: don't do drugs.

I use Bows on my 62 Beast Guntecher 6. My Alteric +10 put out 450 unbuffed damage and 710+ crits. I've since sold that weapon but my Ulteris do in excess of 475 with Shifta (10%) and I've landed 770 crits. Note this is with lvl 30 Fire. That being said, I do not use Bows for damage. When I want damage I use my cards or crossbows which do over 650 combined damage with regular hits.

Until S-rank bows come out, its Guntecher by a mile. Tra did the math a while ago to show that fortetecher can outdamage wartecher with bows, which is pretty sad

On 2007-01-09 13:13, Tra wrote:
    Do you know what level 30 bow PA is? An extra 30% damage. Wanna know what else? 30% element, instead of 19% element, which is what a wartecher is limited to at a measely level 10 bullet. I'm going to go ahead and calculate this injustice that wartechers are "good" with bows.

Human Male Wartecher 60/10 = 486 atp
    Human Male Guntecher 60/10 = 456 atp

Alteric + 10 667 atp

WT = 1153 atp
    GT = 1123 atp

lets try ice arrows reiseisou

1153 x 1.25 (125% damage modifier for level 10 ice arrows) = 1441 atp
    1441 x 1.19 (19% ice element bonus damage on fire) =
    WT would have a total of 1715 atp

1123 x 1.55 (155% damage modifier for level 30 ice arrows) = 1740 atp
    1740 x 1.30 (30% ice element bonus damage on fire) =
    GT would have a total of 2262 atp

newman F fortecher 60/10 = 241atp
    241 + 667 = 908atp

908 x 1.55 = 1407
    1407 x 1.30 = 1829 atp
    Protranser has less atp AND ata than guntecher, so I'm not sure why you would include them to begin with. Regardless, guntecher has the highest power with bows, and the most accuracy. A clear winner

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2007-01-16 23:51 ]</font>

MMMmmm Nice!!!

Ahem.....................but WHO! has the access to S Rank Bows in the future......

....exactly!

i only included protranser because they have level 30 bullets. with that in mind though i wonder how many wartechers would trade9 bullet levels for 10 skill levels.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

On 2007-01-17 00:49, Alisha wrote:
    i wonder how many wartechers would trade9 bullet levels for 10 skill levels.
    All of them

On 2007-01-17 00:49, DarkSeph wrote:
    Ahem.....................but WHO! has the access to S Rank Bows in the future......

....exactly!
    I seriously doubt that even 12* Bows will allow a Fortetecher to overcome their amazingly poor ATP/ATA.

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

On 2007-01-17 01:20, Dymalos wrote:
    On 2007-01-17 00:49, DarkSeph wrote:

....exactly!
    I seriously doubt that even 12* Bows will allow a Fortetecher to overcome their amazingly poor ATP/ATA.
    I seriously doubt it too, given how uber grinded kubara bows are.

Though it's reasonable enough that GT and FT outdamages WT with bows, their ranged option is only a substandard one, though it vastly outclasses Fortefighter's proficiency in that area.

In fact I'd say WT was a lot more proficient ranged than GT is melee. I don't even bother with melee at all on my guntecher.

It's nice to not be useless around flying monsters. FFs truly suck when one turns up, unless the rangers ground it. WT has a clear advantage in that area.

Also my guntecher sucks at solo compared to WT. WT is the perfect solo char guys. It's not sad that they do less damage with bows at all. OR that they do less melee damage. Or that they do less tech damage than forte. PSU is a game that requires you to rely on teammates for areas you are not so great at. If you're DECENT at every situation, isn't that the same as being perfect in places but gimped in others?

That criteria also makes you PERFECT for solo. WT is for hauling in serious cash and drops without the need to have backup. Argue all you want that parties allow for faster times and the saame amount of drops, but sometimes good parties are nowhere to be found. I'm levelling up my WT on 360 to be richer, like I was with a WT on JP PC.

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

On 2007-01-17 01:06, Ether wrote:
    On 2007-01-17 00:49, Alisha wrote:
    i wonder how many wartechers would trade9 bullet levels for 10 skill levels.
    All of them
    Actually I wouldn't, I hate not being able to shoot flying fuckers effectively. That's the reason I went hybrid in the first place (my first was fighgunner). All the hybrids have a decent ranged ability. WT would not if it didn't get bows, but it does so they do.