Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

This weeks update for JP PSU saw the implementaion of the Just Attack, Just Counter, and various other things in PSU.

I have classes in a few so I'm only going to talk about Just Attack, as well, I didn't get enough time to mess around with the other things.

First off, just attack is based off of your currently equipped weapons time. The first attack is initiated, once that is started you can choose to continue with a Regular just attack, or a Photon art Just attack. A just attack is a 100% critical hit. Just attacks also cause additional PP recovery. I'm not sure if the amount recovered is definite or what but it is certainly significant and extremely noticeable.

Next point, as I stated before Just Attack is based off of your weapons attack time. Just attack is triggered when you press the buttons at the end of the attack animation. Fists, Daggers, and Sabers seem relatively easy. Swords however are a bit tricky. Haven't messed around with other weapons enough to give an opinion on them.

At first it seemed difficult to tell if we where doing just attack properly but the game lets you know your doing it right subtly. heres how:

Notice the pink circle around the button I just pressed. All of us should be familiar with that by now.

Now notice here, the circle seems to be doubled. This is indication that I performed a Just Attack. That attack in particular was a Just Attack Photon Art I performed. The same type of representation is also portrayed with Regular Just attacks.

Now lets review:
    1: Just attack is triggered by pressing the desired attack at the end of the weapons attack animation.

2: First hit of a combo is always normal, any following attacks in the combo can be made to Just Attack'D

3: Triggering a just attack causes additional PP recovery. Amount recovered seems to vary.

4: All Just Attack hits are criticals, yes. Even Photon Art Just attacks.

5: To properly tell if one has performed a Just Attack, The attack is represented by Double Circles appearing from the icon of the button that was pressed.

6: Just Attack feature is mega hella awesome and makes PSU over 9000.

Other Quick notes: Just Counter seems similar to Just Attack except, Techs can be used in Just counter. Just Attacks seems limited to only Melee. I speculate Range attacks can be Just be used as Just Counters too.

Teleport casts at Flyer bases now Teleport players to areas for a small fee. The Players are treated as not having there with this update and therefore have to journey to those areas first before they can pay to get there.

Theres a lot more to cover from this update, I'll get more intel on this update as I get the chance and Hopefully try to experiment more with Just Counter and Just Attack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2007-09-18 04:28 ]</font>

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

On 2007-09-18 04:24, AC9breaker wrote:

6: Just Attack feature is mega hella awesome and makes PSU over 9000.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2007-09-18 04:28 ]</font>
    Outstanding. Thanks for the info.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Using any attack recovers PP. But since JAs force a critical strike, and criticals ramp up the PP regenerated, you should get more in the end. The type of weapon does change the amount regained, but I'm not sure oif the brand will too. (i.e. 1PP per hit for a spear, 3 for critical. 2-3PP for a sword hit, 7 per critical hit, 21 if you hit all 3).

While JAs are highly damaging, they aren't always useful. For one thing, a JA is performed by chaining the next attack to the very last frame of the previous attack (fighting game freaks will know what I mean when I say we're going to need frame data). For some weapons like sword with huge recoil times, this is a really bad idea unless you have a clean shot at the target, otherwise you'd miss completely (rewarding if you connect, I hit 2700 damage with JA using Gravity Break consistently on grunts, and I'm just a newman); but for stuff with low afterdelay, like daggers and sabers, this is a wonderful thing to use. This goes double for PAs as well, since most of the new PAs on the Japanese servers are slow, and the first generation stuff is usually fast as heck.

Sounds awesome.
    Aeryn - 150 Newman ♀ | Kylie - 150 Human ♀ | Zael - 150 Beast ♂ | Sonja - 150 CAST ♀

Never forget.

Thanks for the tip, didn't know where to look for confirmation on if I was doing it or not.

Don't evade enough to get good practice in with just counter. Guess it'll be something that I pick up as I play.

Hooray for real hand spear pulling out multi-thousands with robado though.

so..

basically its well-timed attacks?

interesting. well its not anything bad so im down for it
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Awesome. It's great to finally see this stuff in action. Thanks for the info, guys!

Thanks for the info dude, I'm totally stoked about this.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

lol nonstop Tornado Break anyone? It'll be easy to make that move pay for itself I think.

Seems like you want to throw a normal attack out before going into a PA, so you can JA starting with the first hit.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan