View Poll Results: This is a poll designed to hopefully spur a discussion and maybe bring up some good points. Answer

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

13 28.89%
  • One

8 17.78%
  • Two

5 11.11%
  • Three or more

19 42.22%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

This is a poll designed to hopefully spur a discussion and maybe bring up some good points. Answer anything that might be relevant and add anything you might think is useful.

- Were you asked by someone to join and was it worth it?
    - If you haven't told anyone about the game yet, why not?
    - If you have and they shrugged it off, how did it play out?
    - If you have and they joined in, how did that play out?
    - Have they themselves invited others to join?
    - If they've quit since what were their reasons?
    - What has to improve or change in their opinion for them to return?

"Word of mouth" is one of the best options we have at the moment for improving things on our side and I think we can really do better at it.

I've put this on some other forums too:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/vi...c.php?p=804869
    http://forums.xbox.com/19005182/ShowPost.aspx

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: S-T-H on 2008-03-10 20:10 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: S-T-H on 2008-03-10 20:12 ]</font>

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I've invited one person. He never joined.

None, all my buddies give me crap for playing it... but i give some of them crap for playing WOW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DEM_CIG on 2008-03-10 20:28 ]</font>
    Gamertag: MR CauSe iM GoD ID: 30054283

Because of me 3 guys on my block alone joined, and more to come.

Rappy Hunter Serial Killer ThEoRy's Avatar

This game just isn't for everyone. People who see me on their friend list playing psu all the time ask about it but they always get turned off by the monthly fee.

Ya kinda have to force the controller on people before they finally "get it". I did this one time long ago on dreamcast ver1. Told my friend who absolutely hated watching me play pso "just play it for a few while I go to the store for a second." When I came back he said he had to go buy a dreamcast and get pso so we could play together.

He's playin psu right bow as I type this...
    Killing BioMonsters Since 1988
    1,427,595,780 exp
    Give or take a poulty

1. He quit after a couple of weeks or so, and I don't blame him. :|

I've invited quite a few people to the game. Two of them (both roommates of mine at the time) played for a few months after release, then went on to other stuff. If I recall correctly, other games they were looking forward to came out, so they just migrated and never came back. I've tried talking one of them back into playing again but he always shrugs off the invite, even after me telling him about everything that's been added and will be coming out soon.

I think three or four of my other friends I got to download the 360 demo and play that. They loved it from what they told me, but never went so far as to buy the full game.

I got a couple other friends interested, but they refused to pull away from WoW. I even played WoW with them for a short period of time. Partially because I wanted to try it out again, and partially because I hoped they'd return the favor by at least trying PSU. They never did, so I canceled WoW and went back to PSU.

All the people I talk to either already play it, or have no interest in it whatsoever, aside from that my friends have 360s, so there's no real point since they wouldn't be on my same server anyway.

I've been trying to get my brother to play but he says hes too busy to play it. I'll get him to play one of these days though.

I just got one of the girls i know that is addicted to wow to try PSU again.

she's been on none stop. I haven't leveled in a couple days cause she wants me to level her all the time but thank god white beast is broke she's like level 30 now