Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Cz's Hideout will be closed forever. (Please Locked)

Hello and its the return of Bunny's Hideout if some remember our long anime listing thread from long ago.
    I am going to redo this thread again so that we can enjoy those nostalgic moments from before!

What's this thread about? You giving your own opinions, reviews, recommendation, youtubing, and screeny of the anime you're going to present to the public or us. Also, you can edit your own anime pictures or draw one yourself and post here as well to show your artistic skill!
    All the animefan come together and discussed the newest anime or some of the old ones if necessary.

Rules:
    1. If there are spoilers, please put spoiler so that you won't ruin it for the person that haven't seen the series yet.
    2. Don't post pictures that are over 800x600. Please.
    3. Try not to post the same anime recommendation.
    4. No flamming here or else I will contact the mods.
    5. Let's have fun talking about your favorite anime together with us!!!

I will begin my own recommendation later when i have some free time. If you guys feel like it, you can begin ahead of me. Good luck!

edit: change the title a little bit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cz on 2008-04-15 21:37 ]</font>
    Last edited by Cz; Jun 15, 2008 at 01:52 AM.

i'm sitting on a tree. so high up in the sky-----------------------

Heh, I was wondering when you'd make a thread like this again!

Hmm... I haven't seen too many new anime lately. But I guess I would recommend one of my old faves, Ai Yori Aoshi, to anyone who likes romantic comedies. I know I have recommended it before in the other thread, but this is new, up-to-date, and there are new people reading.

For those of you with a taste for crude, rude, and violence, I recommend Desert Punk (on behalf of my brother). Lots of foul language, suggestive dialogue, and gunfights for any of you into that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2008-04-15 00:04 ]</font>

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

All I have to say is that you'd better be watching Kure-nai this season. There is an 85% chance you will go to Hell if you don't.
    Turbosig.

On 2008-04-15 00:28, Syanaide wrote:
    All I have to say is that you'd better be watching Kure-nai this season. There is an 85% chance you will go to Hell if you don't.
    I haven't seen this series, but the title looks like a play on 'kurenai'. ;]
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Gundam 00 is good... It is different then the other series do to the fact that...
    Spoiler!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DEM_CIG on 2008-04-15 11:56 ]</font>
    Gamertag: MR CauSe iM GoD ID: 30054283

Nice to see you officially back in full force with a new anime thread.

FYI, Otaku's are some of the most loathed people in all of Japan. Just thought I would give you a heads up on that >.>

I've been uploading several of these series to Veoh, both Subs and RAWs, mostly RAWs as there is a severe lack of people subbing different anime this season! I'm not sure if it would be okay to post a link to my channels/video collection...(If a mod gives the Okay, then I will post it)

I'm actually enjoying this season as the SEVERE LACK OF HAREM ANIME

On 2008-04-15 18:39, NPCMook wrote:
    FYI, gaijin Otaku's are some of the most loathed people in all of Japan.
    Fix'd. Otakus aren't are as loathed as you make them out to be. Sure, people make jokes and remarks about them, but not nearly as far as to say they are the most hated.

Anyways *cough* back on topic. Just finished Clannad like a week or two ago. I gotta say I loved the series, every character in that show was great.

*snif* Ah! My Goddess is over! wahhh

If you can stomach saccharine sweetness, Ah! My Goddess is a great, light-hearted comedy about an unlucky, hopeless loser who dials a wrong number and calls the Heavens, where a celestial being from a "Goddess Helpline" answers the phone. She grants him one wish. He is so smitten with her that he wishes for her to stay by his side forever. That's it. Stay by his side. Doofus! Anyway now she is literally bound to his side and all sorts of predicaments occur!

What I LOVE about this show is how in a world of evil, corrupt anime (which I also enjoy, don't get me wrong) is this sweet, mostly innocent show filled with hopefulness and naivete in a mostly cruel, embittered world. The main character and his goddess seem to exist divorced from the sarcasm and anger that taints the rest of the cast. Nothing can touch them.

And yeah, it's sort of a harem style show. You gotta be, I dunno, a little metro to enjoy this one though. But it's got a lil action, comedy, romance, drama, slapstick, etc...

and............in the other corner, we have Elfen Lied.

The aforementioned evil, corrupt side of anime? Oh yeah, it's here in droves. Other than maybe Kite or Ninja Scroll (both of which I didn't care for, especially Kite) this would be the third most depraved non-hentai anime movie/series I've seen.

It's also really, really good. Basically it's kind of the anime-version of the movie Species. Except instead of an alien, it's about mutants. Mutant girls with pink hair and horns that look very...cat-like. But these girls are hardly cutesy nyaoh stereotypes. They are brutal killers.

You see, a few years ago in the storyline, a virus caused a mutation in many newborn children, females... They were born with these aforementioned abnormalities, but in their childhood they also developed another uniqueness: Four invisible arms that could stretch out for several meters. They could grab, twist, tear ANYTHING within their grasp. They can vibrate them to cut through just about anything. They are brutal killers, even in childhood. But why? That is the basic question the show poses.

So all these mutants are held in a facility, drugged to prevent the use of most of their brutal power. Some are tested like labrats to discover the truth of their condition, honed to the limits of their abilities, depending on the individual's temperament.

Anyway, an especially deadly one named Lucy escapes, but is injured in the escape. She washes up on a beach and is discovered by two college students...

What makes this so great is that there is a stark contrast between the absolute terror and horrific violence (20 something people are ripped apart in the first 10 minutes of the show, and Lucy delights in every second of it) and the heartfelt connections that characters share (even brutal killers and villians).

Ghetto lady thinks your froggy's name is Lou McGopher

On 2008-04-15 19:22, Monochrome wrote:

*snif* Ah! My Goddess is over! wahhh
    The past 2 seasons were kind of riddled with Harem animes, I'm fine without them for a season or two... Seriously, Myself; Yourself, Goshuushou-Sama Ninomiya-Kun, Rosario + Vampire, They are my Noble Masters, Nagasarete Airantou x.x TO MANY!