Hello everyone,

For the past week i have been trying to play PSO online with my broadband adaptor and my westell wirespeed DSL from bellsouth. Everything is fine with surfing the website but i get left with nothing on the lobby screen before the ship select screen.

I have tryed the ICS way by connecting the DSL via USB to the computer then connecting the gamecube to the computer with a CAT5E crossover cable, then turning on the Internet Connection Sharing. But i get the same results. Im stuck.

I have tryed a direct connection from the gamecube to the DSL with the CAT5E cable.

I tryed unpluging the DSL for 30sec.

Im about to cry here people. I need my online fix!

PLEASE!!!! sob,sob bump

Darkmage13 posted some useful info on working with the Westell modem. You can find that topic HERE.

Here is the specific quote you might find helpful:

"I FIXED IT!!!!

I realized both the Westell and Router were acting as DHCP servers. I thought this was stupid so I set the modem to bridged ethernet and set the router to handle the DHCP and PPPoE. Appearantly it was a PPPoE issue and now that the router is handling it directly, everything works fine!

Perhaps you should add to the FAQ since I've seen this problem a lot. "

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-04-05 15:52 ]</font>

If you want to go strait from the modem to the gamecube you're gonna have to connect the modem to a computer and change a setting first.

So first of all connect the modem to a computer and open internet explorer(or any brower..) and type in "192.168.1.254". Then click on expert mode on the left and then click yes or confirm or something on the right.

Now click configure on the left, and connection in the sub-menu. Then where it says protocol, change it to bridged ethernet. Wait for it to reset the modem and you're done here.

Start pso, go into network setup, and set it to use PPPoE. Then just enter your bellsouth username and password and it should connect..