PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me...

speedsk8er
Apr 17, 2007, 04:30 PM
What is so bad about Phantasy Star Universe? I doubt understand why the PSO community hates it so much.

Jing-Dono
Apr 17, 2007, 04:32 PM
Its not that I hate it.
I just hate it ^-^.
Its nothing like any of the other PS's.
And unless you play it online, its a really bad game.

Banish
Apr 17, 2007, 04:38 PM
Lots of people (in general) dislike PSU...it's because it is lacking everywhere.

speedsk8er
Apr 17, 2007, 04:39 PM
Well, one could say the PSO is nothing like Phantasy Star's before it, therefore PSO sucks.

I wanna know what specifically is so bad about it.

Jing-Dono
Apr 17, 2007, 04:44 PM
I just said.
Its offline play sucks!
So its only good if you can play it online.
And even then I'm simply not a fan of it.

Banish
Apr 17, 2007, 04:48 PM
Yes, lots of people do not want to play a game like that...and do not want to pay either.

GutsGO
Apr 17, 2007, 04:54 PM
I know this doesnt help answer your question....but I'm a PSO:DC/GC vet and I love PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;
....but I know Im a minority so yea...I often wonder the same thing but both games are so different its hard to compare the two.

AlexCraig
Apr 17, 2007, 05:01 PM
That's true. PSO was vastly different from PS1-4. PSO was more Sci-fi and high tech that PS1-4. They seemed more archaic. PSU is very different from PSO. The clothes, battle style, story, etc. in PSU were somewhat different from the armor, 3-hits, and Ragol of PSO. Some people want something different from PSO and feel better with PSU. I, for one, prefer PSO over PSU. But that's a different thread.

bishop472003
Apr 17, 2007, 05:09 PM
Psu sucks, there are no red boxes, max level is 100, I beat story mode in this first two days, offline is a bore, no mag. The graphics look better but that's it.

Saphion
Apr 17, 2007, 05:14 PM
I made an epic post in some thread around here about the subject, but I'll be damned if I can track the thing down now.

AlexCraig
Apr 17, 2007, 05:15 PM
Actually, Saphion, I do recall it and know where it is.

Saphion
Apr 17, 2007, 05:27 PM
Oh wait, I found it (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=137677&forum=1&start=0&15#4).

OnnaWren
Apr 17, 2007, 06:09 PM
The game's phucking worthless unless you have online capability. Otherwise the story is lame, characters and character design are lacking, level cap is too low, can't make your own character and have it count for anything, they couldn't be buggered to put in a seperate Challenge Mode, so the WHOLE FRIGGIN' GAME is a Challenge Mode, and most of the items can be only found online. SUX0RZ!

Make everything available to offline players, ditch the omnipresent timer, and throw in a multiplayer mode while you're at it, and then we'll talk.

concussionman
Apr 17, 2007, 07:31 PM
Another thing that PSU is missing compared to PSO is the hidden story line, where you find out about Red Ring Rico and Flowen through NPCs and message capsules. Since PSU spells alot of that out it doesn't leave alot to the imagination.

And I must admit that without an offline multiplayer it makes the game seem less traditional mainly because that is how i played multi-mode was offline. And now you would need two systems to play multi with someone who is sitting 2 feet away. Seems kinda weird that they would leave that part out.

amtalx
Apr 17, 2007, 07:48 PM
Most PSOers are grumpy because PSU is NOT PSO. A lot of people wanted PSO 2. That and the level cap, lack of content, lack or rares....

Zantra
Apr 17, 2007, 07:58 PM
I don't think this thread needs to exist, PSO over PSU should tell you everything you need to know. There is no need to repost the same thread, over, and over, again.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=133968&forum=1&151

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-04-17 17:59 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Apr 17, 2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah, guys. I DID say that was another thread. Save this for its true intent

concussionman
Apr 17, 2007, 09:04 PM
I don't think that there is a lack of content. If you can get online, there are regular updates and many things that you can do during online gameplay. Unfortunatly those features don't transfer over into the offline gameplay. Now if PSU's updates that change content were available as downloadable content for offline gameplay I think that would change that game closer to what more users were looking for.