PDA

View Full Version : Making MAGs for alts

Oshikuru
Feb 2, 2009, 07:30 PM
I made a Bana mag using my Hunter and swapped it over to my FO, but when I try to feed it as an FO it changes into a Kumara. If I deposit it in the bank and take it out again it changes back into Bana.

I haven't fed it enough items to raise any of its levels while my FO is holding it (it's currently still at lv50), as I'm not sure if it will permanently change into a Kumara! I want it to stay as a Bana.

Has anyone else encountered this before? And is there anything I can do to stop it changing?

Splash
Feb 2, 2009, 08:07 PM
BB version?

halibabica
Feb 2, 2009, 09:39 PM
No, I've even seen this happen in GC a few times. Even if the Mag is L200, it could still change back and forth depending on who's feeding it at the time. The only way to make it never change again is to make it into a rare Mag. Otherwise, there's no guarantee, and it'll change to whatever shape its stats and bearer guide it to.

medios
Feb 2, 2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah I have the GC version and that happens too me. You could use it to your advantage though, just level the mag to 199 and switch it to the character that'll give you the mag you want. That's how I got my ushasu mind mag for my fonewm finished.

Oshikuru
Feb 2, 2009, 10:38 PM
Yes Splash I'm on BB.

Okay so the mag will change between Bana and Kumara at level 50/55/60/etc, multiples of 5. So long as it is still at that level when I feed it (i.e. even if feeding it doesn't cause any of its levels to increase), it'll change depending on which character I use, but which ever form it turns into when it hits a level that is a multiple of 5 is the one form it will remain as when I put it in the bank.

It doesn't seem to change at all at levels that aren't a multiple of 5... meaning if I REALLY want to keep it a Bana, I will have to give it back to my hunter when it is about to hit level 60/65/70, which sounds like a lot of unecessary hassle but I prefer feeding it as a Bana, and it looks so much cooler than the other one ( which looks like a clam)

Splash
Feb 2, 2009, 11:56 PM
I was only concern of this:

[
If I deposit it in the bank and take it out again it changes back into Bana.

Which doesn't happen on GC as far as I know. Then again, I don't remember so I'll need confirmination of this.

But either way, as long the mag is not a rare type, after its third evolution, the mag will change depending on the character class and the section ID for said character. So it's not really a problem unless you want to have a certain type of mag.

Vanzazikon
Feb 3, 2009, 03:14 PM
Do you know what happens when you even out all the stats on a mag in BB? :wacko: (I.E 10/10/10/10)