PDA

View Full Version : Did u like the end of PSO? *Spoiler*

xandizitxu
Aug 24, 2006, 05:40 PM
For the first time I made a finish on this game offline mode, I didn't like the way it finishs kill the boss nothing more to do

Is just impression mine or I am dumbass and didn't notice that dark falz possesed Red Ring Rico body.

And u kill him, so she dies.

Is that?

phongi
Aug 24, 2006, 05:55 PM
Yes, and on Ult you get to see her progress through the areas.

BTW, welcome to PSOW

Nogatorr
Aug 24, 2006, 06:04 PM
I thought that on Ult you see random stuff, such as enemies and the like. If you beat all the quests then you see Rico.

phongi
Aug 24, 2006, 06:14 PM
By see Rico, which do you mean? In the credits or on her grave?

ulyoth
Aug 24, 2006, 06:44 PM
Beating all the offline quests adds extra images to the end credits.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ulyoth on 2006-08-24 16:46 ]</font>

Lord_Kratos
Aug 24, 2006, 06:53 PM
so if i beat every quest in ult. and beat the game in ult. i see more than normal in the credits. cus once i played one time and the credits showed rico fightin her dad but i dont remember what weapon he used and what one she had.

Goldstream
Aug 24, 2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah it was fine. It could have gone more into the story of Red Ring Rico but then again I couldn't really care. Maybe PSU will be better at the end than PSO.

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 24, 2006, 09:09 PM
A lot of people don't find PSO's storyline very fulfilling...but there's really a lot going on if you pay attention. Knowing the background of the other Phantasy Star games might help explain the existence of Dark Falz. Also, keep in mind that EP I isn't exactly "the end"...there's EP II as well, and it has a wierd plotline of its own.

Splash
Aug 24, 2006, 11:08 PM
Ep. 2 seems so much more "incomplete" than Ep. 1. Yet despite that, it still seems that there is no final ending yet, as there is an Ep. 4 (which I have no clue on the storyline).

whocares111
Aug 24, 2006, 11:11 PM
I think Ep. 4 actually takes place before Ep. 3. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the timeline flows like Ep. 1, Ep. 2, Ep. 4, Ep.3.

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 24, 2006, 11:15 PM
No you're right.

Elvendar
Aug 24, 2006, 11:16 PM
On 2006-08-24 19:09, TheyCallMeJoe wrote:
A lot of people don't find PSO's storyline very fulfilling...but there's really a lot going on if you pay attention. Knowing the background of the other Phantasy Star games might help explain the existence of Dark Falz. Also, keep in mind that EP I isn't exactly "the end"...there's EP II as well, and it has a wierd plotline of its own.

I kind of like the open-endedness of PSO. It allows for much more versatility when writing fanfiction, and it doesn't seem to have to be forced like other fanfiction subjects/genres.

Deathwatch
Aug 25, 2006, 04:50 AM
I liked the PSO story all-around in both Ep1 and Ep2. It seems a bit hollow but when you read Rico's messages in Ultimate and complete all the quests the story fills out and is pretty good.

I just need to do Ult Mines then Ulti Ruins, all Ult quests then I can see the "true" ending if you like.

To be honest I like Ep2 with the Flowen mystery and how he becomes Olga Flow...I think probably wrong but that's how I interpreted it.

(The Red weapons also spell "Heathcliff" don't they? Thoughts on that?)

Veilside
Aug 25, 2006, 06:24 AM
i like the EP2 story, the red wepons were made by flowen for rico, so they speel his first name

DarthMegatron
Aug 25, 2006, 06:38 AM
Hmm, I didn't know that, I'll have to beat all the quests on the harder difficulty levels as well, thanks.

Lord_Kratos
Aug 25, 2006, 08:41 AM
Heathcliff Flowen created her red weapons and he helped to train her as did the other two heroes in the game have an impact in her life. They also had a child unconventionally.

*SPOILER*

sry i have to correct myself. what actually happened was that an energy wave passed between the two for a brief moment nad there unique genetic make up created Endu the son of Flowen and rico. and they mentor him for 21 years until the end of Ep. 3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Kratos on 2006-08-25 07:07 ]</font>

Deathwatch
Aug 25, 2006, 11:05 AM
Cool. Nice bit of info to know. I really should get a hold of Ep3 but I'm not sure I like the idea of it being card-based.

xandizitxu
Aug 25, 2006, 12:34 PM
Well I played PS 1, 2 , 3 and 4, PSO has a lot to do with this game, if u read that things on the ground, as it was a Spaceship that blocked Dark Falz, well, But dark falz doesn't look like the ones in PS. Well PSU will have to have DARK FALZ too, and probably PROFUNDESS DARNKNESS (THE LAST BOSS on PS4). Do you know guys if PS Generation, the remake made to PS2 of the series is going to have english versions?

Sorry for my english.

AND I STILL LIKE THE STORY OF PSO, BUT I THINK IN A LOT WAYS IT COULD BE BETTER!

OnnaWren
Aug 25, 2006, 12:35 PM
Don't worry about the gameplay, there's more than enough story to carry it along, especially if you play both Hero-side and Dark-side.

Xandizitxu: Probably not. Conspiracy Games folded, and nothing's been heard of it since.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2006-08-25 10:36 ]</font>

Deathwatch
Aug 25, 2006, 12:44 PM
So what is PSO Ep4? What's the story to it and when did it come out? (UK player and...fairly new to the PS universe)

Lord_Kratos
Aug 25, 2006, 12:59 PM
well ep. 4 is BB i believe. it has two more levels added on, the crater and the desert. more monsters like the del rappy and the sand rappy and alot more weapons like Black hound Cuiruss but the spelling is wrong

LiqourSiCC
Aug 28, 2006, 06:10 AM
so are the messages rico left different on ultimate? i think people could have gotten more into the story if instead of having to run to them, they would just pop up after completing certain rooms.. and does rico die? does the princaple find out??

Para
Aug 28, 2006, 10:44 AM
I dislike how SEGA fucked up the storyline in BB (as in where they provided an actual timeline for the storyline which didnt work out so well imo)

Arias
Aug 28, 2006, 11:23 AM
I find both stories (EP1 and EP2) dissapointing, I know very few of Red Ring Rico, and believe me, I've finished the game too many times offline, I know the story of RRR....
Episode 2 has nothing to do with the story until CCA, and in 2 Areas, they explain very few at those explanation hovering thingies...

Deathwatch
Aug 28, 2006, 11:46 AM
Supposedly at the end of Ultimate it shows images of Rico, other than showing your character throughout the game. I'm not there and haven't read definitive proof yet so I can't vouch for it.

I wasn't overly thrilled with the PSO story, but I liked it.