Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah, I don't think J/Z are going to see all the much use in PSZ.

PSO Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post

It's enjoyable, and I have a feeling they are going to pull a 2nd Freedom on us (totally new game that acts like an expansion). I guess the problem would be transferring data, but I think a save transfer with a middle man approach would work.
    I've been thinking the same thing, but I imagine it would have something to do with the new DSi and it's SD card slot and Nintendo Online Store downloading options. Apparently the only region locked aspect of the DSi has to do with the online store, so worst case scenario would be we'd need a Japanese DSi to download PS0 content. Of course all this should eventually come out domestically, it's just a matter of weather one wants to wait for it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by uo0v View Post
    errrmm, you misread the title of this topic
    XD oh it was a OOOOOOOOO not a 000000000 D: well at least I was half right about pso being flat XD
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

Quote Originally Posted by Phaze37 View Post
    Actually, the fact that character data was stored locally is EXACTLY why FSOD would happen in the first place.
    Yeah, I think you're right. It's been a while. But I meant to imply that the design has changed substantially since then. It would be too cruel to do that kind of thing in a game that's so easily and predictably hacked like PSZ.
    post_count++;

What exactly do you mean by "damage cancel?"

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

The mysterious Mr. Name Moniker's Avatar

In PSO you could cast Resta and have a split second of invulnerability as you healed.
    PM me for a rousing quest through PSZ!
    Gurren (lv. 81 HUcast), Hel (lv. 35 HUnewearl), Doctor (lv. 62 FOmar)

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    In PSO you could cast Resta and have a split second of invulnerability as you healed.
    Now we have an official damage cancel, Dodge Roll! Requires the same precise timing but achieves the same effect.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Yeah, I think you're right. It's been a while. But I meant to imply that the design has changed substantially since then. It would be too cruel to do that kind of thing in a game that's so easily and predictably hacked like PSZ.
    Partially right. When you go online in the console PSO games, it saves the "active" (equipped weapons and the like) to the memory of the gamecube itself (or dreamcast as the case may be). when you log off and save normally, that data is returned to the memory card. When you get an fsod, or you power it system off without logging off and saving normally, that process is ignored and the items are lost. the reason for loading it into the console's memory instead, I think, is to reduce loading times and such as much as possible while online. however, if the data were on the memory card at all times, fsod and such wouldn't be as much of an issue as they were/are (NOTE: this is only one side that I've heard, but it's a logical possibility)

From my own experience, PSZ does not suffer from this problem, but if you didn't save prior to the game freezing or battery dying, or whatever the case, then yes, you will lose everything after your last save, just like any other game.
    Last edited by Rakukojin; Jan 5, 2009 at 10:06 PM.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2:
    G.O.L.D./Female CAST/LVL 133/Hunter{20}/Ranger{16}/Force{1}/Vanguard{20} As of: 1/16/11

Yeah, but they must have intentionally removed it from the save to prevent abuse of powering off the system to get an edge. (I'm thinking tekkers and grinders mostly.) Otherwise they could have just left it on the save. Keeping it in RAM really doesn't affect whether or not it's in the save, and you have to have it in RAM anyway.
    post_count++;

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Yeah, but they must have intentionally removed it from the save to prevent abuse of powering off the system to get an edge. (I'm thinking tekkers and grinders mostly.) Otherwise they could have just left it on the save. Keeping it in RAM really doesn't affect whether or not it's in the save, and you have to have it in RAM anyway.
    I agree that it was most likely intentional, I never said it wasn't. (not trying to start an argument, just clarifying.)
    Phantasy Star Portable 2:
    G.O.L.D./Female CAST/LVL 133/Hunter{20}/Ranger{16}/Force{1}/Vanguard{20} As of: 1/16/11