Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

My friend on the xbox360 had some questions a bout changing to masterforce for all that pp u use just buy cati / skill pp save or i cant remember that might be it he is lvl11 masterforce its amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Akio-Kasai View Post
    If that stronger axe is ugly, I wouldn't use it as much.
    so a player doing 100 damage w/ a cool axe is better than a player doing 400 damage w/ an ugly axe?

i think the strong ugly axe is better and you think the weak cool looking axe is better. which one does PSU (the game itself) think is better? sounds to me like you gave up trying to be good at the game, and have to change the rules to make yourself feel better. last i checked, players were rewarded for killing monsters, not for looking cool. if the point of psu was to look cool, then the weaker axe would truly be better.

btw, you dont even look cool. for all the players like me who think that stronger weps are better since the game says so, they look at you w/ your weak axe and see a crappy player who is anything but cool.
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    I think the strong ugly axe is better and you think the weak cool looking axe is better. which one does PSU (the game itself) think is better? sounds to me like you gave up trying to be good at the game, and have to change the rules to make yourself feel better. last i checked, players were rewarded for killing monsters, not for looking cool. if the point of psu was to look cool, then the weaker axe would truly be better.
    Actually, one of the main points and primary draw of most people to PSU IS to look cool, that would be why the customization is so extensive, the clothes don't affect stats, the weapons look different, and the armor only changes the colors of the lines on the clothes.

If the point wasn't to look cool, we would have one model for each race/gender, all the weapons would look the same, there wouldn't be as many weapon types, and the look would be decided based on what armor you were wearing.

Think before spouting nonsense XD

Quote Originally Posted by DarthLasek View Post
    Out of this whole entire thread...all I have to say is....Master classes hard? What? Are you kidding me? It's a class...and unless you have played one class your whole time on PSU and used 2 weapons...that shouldn't even be a issue....hard seriously?

EDIT: Whoever thinks clear times = better players....is a fool. Sorry if I come off as offensive to anyone.
    The only thing I can think of being hard about the master classes is not being used to the different playing style. Once you get that down, it's pretty easy to play as them.

But you're right about the clear time. Just because one team (purely for example) is good at spamming PAs like majarra or jabroga doesn't mean they're as good as a team that gets the same time, without using any of the "broken-classed" PAs.

PSP2: Vyser (CAST Ranger), Captain Flavor (Beast Hunter), Amu (Force Newman)
    PSU PC: Vyser (CAST AF/GM), Captain Flavor (Beast FF), Konata (Newman MF), Sportacus (Human AT)
    PSŲ JP: あかヴァイザ (HUcast), フレヴァさま (FOnewm), ラムレーズ (HUnewm)

can you give me an example of this? im looking for something like:

for seed express, a team of FM + AT can clear the mission faster than a team of FM + GM
    stronger buffs = more damage
    heals when ever = less time dieing
    diga to take down arms = faster kill time on mb
    giresta stuff like that..lmao
    Another mission the powers have called me away. Another time to carry the colors again.
    My motivation an oath I've sworn to defend. To win the honor of coming back home again.
    No explanation will matter after we begin. Unlock the dark destroyer that's buried within.
    My true vocation and now my unfortunate friend. You will discover a war you're unable to win.

Oh yeah, forgot how much diga owns Mother Brain's arms. :O

PSP2: Vyser (CAST Ranger), Captain Flavor (Beast Hunter), Amu (Force Newman)
    PSU PC: Vyser (CAST AF/GM), Captain Flavor (Beast FF), Konata (Newman MF), Sportacus (Human AT)
    PSŲ JP: あかヴァイザ (HUcast), フレヴァさま (FOnewm), ラムレーズ (HUnewm)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrix View Post
    Actually, one of the main points and primary draw of most people to PSU IS to look cool, that would be why the customization is so extensive, the clothes don't affect stats, the weapons look different, and the armor only changes the colors of the lines on the clothes.

If the point wasn't to look cool, we would have one model for each race/gender, all the weapons would look the same, there wouldn't be as many weapon types, and the look would be decided based on what armor you were wearing.

Think before spouting nonsense XD
    looking cool is part of psu, sure. but does it favor looks over stats for weapons, like the axe example we were talking about?

and if the point WAS to look cool, you would be rewarded for wearing fancy clothes or using shiny weapons instead of killing monsters. hell, we wouldnt be fighting monsters as the main activity in the first place. btw, you are punished for wearing clothes since they take up inventory slots, lol.

there is a lot of customization in the gran turismo series also, but actually racing your car and winning races is the main point of the game.
    the top spin tennis series also. lots of character customization, but winning tennis matches is the goal of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by fayt6 View Post
    stronger buffs = more damage
    heals when ever = less time dieing
    diga to take down arms = faster kill time on mb
    giresta stuff like that..lmao
    FM = kills monsters fast as hell
    GM = kills monsters fast as hell

are you saying FM + AT clears seed express faster than FM + GM?
    Quit PSO2

looking cool is part of psu, sure. but does it favor looks over stats for weapons, like the axe example we were talking about?

and if the point WAS to look cool, you would be rewarded for wearing fancy clothes or using shiny weapons instead of killing monsters. hell, we wouldnt be fighting monsters as the main activity in the first place. btw, you are punished for wearing clothes since they take up inventory slots, lol.

there is a lot of customization in the gran turismo series also, but actually racing your car and winning races is the main point of the game.
    the top spin tennis series also. lots of character customization, but winning tennis matches is the goal of the game.
    Your axe example doesn't work in the game though, I compared the damage between a 1* saber and my blackheart once long ago, The difference of ~500 ATP made a damage difference of about a grand total of.....FIFTY! no weapon in this game will make as much a difference as you said in your example XD

And your other examples? not relevant at all, ENTIRELY different genre, OF COURSE the point of a racing or sports game is to win, but PSU is neither, it is a MMO, a social game, the only point is to have fun with other people, which is easily achieved through looking cool and doing nothing. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Akio-Kasai View Post
    This is becoming ridiculous. There is obviously no way to sway your mind on this subject, the point is MF is not useless. No class is useless, but what the people hating on MF fail to realize, is this game isn't all about big numbers and being an elitist. People may use MF because it looks cooler, just like with your axe example. If that stronger axe is ugly, I wouldn't use it as much.

Either way this is my final post, I'm done trying to show you that this game isn't all about numbers or about speed, and that a class is not useless because it cannot kill as fast as another.

People don't always flock to the strongest, a class is not useless because of how it looks on paper. It's the player that matters, if they have fun with it then good. However saying a class is bad because it cannot compare in speed to another is ignorant, and makes you look like an elitist who cares for nothing but how strong you are.

This thread is done, and this discussion is over. Everyone has their way of playing.

Edit: Fixed some spelling errors. -Leaves-
    As I said before, some people don't like getting the short end of the stick. I've stuck with being a techer for awhile mainly because it's what I enjoy. It gets harder to enjoy it realizing the other types are much better. Give me PSU V1 fortetecher all over again, then I'll be happy. It was challenging yet effective to use.

From the very start of AOTI, I realized the system changed for the worse, and didn't like how techer was barely improved, but I didn't let it sway me. That is until master types came out, as MF is barely an improvement over FT as far as offense damage goes add the loss of support and horrible offensive stats. I've reached the point where couldn't play techer anymore, as I gave it so many chances. And couldn't enjoy it for what it was.

I'm going to abuse GM for all it's worth, and kill off my experience with the techer offense style entirely. I'll still play AT, but not as much. I'm done ranting.
    Last edited by Sexy_Raine; Feb 13, 2009 at 11:50 PM.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

can you give me an example of this? im looking for something like:

for seed express, a team of FM + AT can clear the mission faster than a team of FM + GM
    My uninformed opinion says that thats true for bladed legacy. Buffs/heals are useful for the techer enemies, and regrant is fabulous for magashi. In other areas, I'd take an AT in any party of four or more. (for maximum effect from buffs, and at that point damage is hitting dimishing returns)

EDIT: I'm saying that this would be easier for bladed, not necessarily faster.
    Last edited by Kumlekar; Feb 13, 2009 at 11:37 PM.