Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I don't want them seperating any of the game's content at the price of something outside of the monthly pay.

Especially clothes. e_e

It was fine the way they were doing it before, I'm assuming PSP only had it because the servers were free to play on.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Do free to play, micro-transaction games make the companies more money than the subscription kind do?

Quote Originally Posted by RAGNAGELPPOD View Post
    Do free to play, micro-transaction games make the companies more money than the subscription kind do?
    I guess so..but they piss us the customers off more then anything.12-15 dollars a month is really cheap for everything imo
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

i really hope they make it an FTP for some online content and then if you pay like 50-100 more dollars the game is totally open to you forever, cuz i hate monthly subscriptions

Micro transactions and F2P models destroy MMOs.

If PSO2 is F2P with cash shop, i will never pay a cent towards the game. It's destined to be unbalanced, unfair, economically slanted and biased towards grinding and terrible drop rates. I like to feel like i have an equal chance with those im playing with. F2P cash shop games essentially ensure that you'll be on a lower tier than those who utilize it. But, it's highly effective. And since PSO2 is currently PC only, i believe we're at a serious risk of following this model.

In order for the players to use the Cash Shop, there has to be an incentive. This almost always comes at the cost of something dealing with gameplay that drives you into a corner. Prepare for the most annoying weapon breaking/grinding/success rates on earth if this game is F2P.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Apr 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    It's destined to be unbalanced, unfair, economically slanted and biased towards grinding and terrible drop rates.
    So basically PSU, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    I don't want them seperating any of the game's content at the price of something outside of the monthly pay.

Especially clothes. e_e

It was fine the way they were doing it before, I'm assuming PSP only had it because the servers were free to play on.
    Would you rather have clothes, or high-tier equipment and other things that significantly effect gameplay as paid content?

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Astra View Post
    Would you rather have clothes, or high-tier equipment and other things that significantly effect gameplay as paid content?
    Obviously a cash shop should (keyword there) only have cosmetic things such as clothing, etc., I think. If high-tier equipment was added to something like that, it would be extremely unfair. Then, the kid that relies on his parents for his income would have a harder time acquiring the "good" gear in a game than the 20-something-year-old guy that has a good, full-time job and can actually afford to buy all the stuff.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Apr 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Astra View Post
    I don't know what you're asking, I don't want a f2p business model affecting the game period. and I can't complain if people actually worked for their equipment instead of buying it with money they "worked" for in with a job. :\

edit: and I definitely don't want my characters customization cut off by half of the non-fugly crap being cash shop only.
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Apr 17, 2011 at 11:47 PM.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

The simple solution is to have things such as cosmetic items (clothes, room shit, etc.) and gameplay shortcut items (EXP boost, e.g.) offered through the cash shop, but also make sure that every item there is also available through regular gameplay in some manner or another.

That way, you can get all the content without spending anything extra, and SEGA still gets money from the impatient dopes who want to ruin the game for themselves.