Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    Again, the amount of drops are based on your rank.
    But when you fight multiple bosses one will loot 10 items and the other only 4 for exemple. Rank has clearly nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMango View Post
    For Gwanaada, I think it might have something to do with breaking the arms, as that stuns it in the same way breaking parts off other bosses do.

Rockbear, I have no idea. I've gotten full drops, and 4 meseta drops between two rockbears in the same code.
    You do seem to get more drops if you break the arms, but only the ones with the big red "orb" like parts at the top that are closest to the Gwan.

Skilled Fighter

Yay for breakoffs.

Gives me something else to pay attention to besides just raping everything in site.

My experience is similar to OLAF's. I've S-ranked missions before and gotten only 4 drops off of earlier bosses. I've never gotten a low amount of drops from any of the later bosses, however.

That being said, I've tested just about every permutation of this theory, and I don't think snapping things off improves quality of drops, except with the possible exception of Vol Dragon.

This one, however, is hard for me to confirm as reaching that top horn as a hunter is damn near impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    reaching that top horn as a hunter is damn near impossible.
    Try Gunslashes' Serpent Air and Swords' Rising Nova; not as hard as it initially seems.

I'm getting S RAnk on catadran most times, and still only 4 items (generally meseta).
    I wouldn't care if the player shops had some crystals, but they don't...

It could very well be random...
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

I don't think there is any method of getting better drops besides rare item boosts.

I can't say much about the whole S rank theory, but breaking boss parts increases the amount of drops that come from that boss which technically gives you a better chance of rares as it's a bigger pool of items.

I might be wrong on it, but I've never encountered a time where breaking a boss part hasn't increased the drop count. Like I said, I can't say much about the S-RANK theory as I've not actually looked for a correlation, but I personally don't believe it has any effect.

Quote Originally Posted by BehelitOutlaw View Post
    But when you fight multiple bosses one will loot 10 items and the other only 4 for exemple. Rank has clearly nothing to do with it.
    Looks like it has something to do with participating and landing hits, like ,if i am correct, the last one who hits the bosses gets extra experience points too.
    I reckon if you hit for example the rockbear or caterdran randomly at any spots you will get less loot, than trying to land hits on his weak spot.

i don't think i've ever had a low amount of drops when i s rank a mission for dragon.

for boss stages with multiple bosses, there's a chance one boss crystal wil overflow with items and the other will have only a few.

but generally it's a lot. the way i can tell break off effects boss drops is because there are items outside the regular "circle of items". i never get the items outside the circle of items unless there's breakoff.

and to defend the Srank theory, every time i just rushed to boss my drops were typically little or nothing.

but when i s rank and beat the boss generally my drops are much more than when you compare it to rushing to boss and getting c rank.

s rank may not guarantee more drops from the boss crystal but it seems to effect the chances of getting in general more drops.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Quote Originally Posted by DemonMike View Post
    I don't think there is any method of getting better drops besides rare item boosts.

I can't say much about the whole S rank theory, but breaking boss parts increases the amount of drops that come from that boss which technically gives you a better chance of rares as it's a bigger pool of items.

I might be wrong on it, but I've never encountered a time where breaking a boss part hasn't increased the drop count. Like I said, I can't say much about the S-RANK theory as I've not actually looked for a correlation, but I personally don't believe it has any effect.
    ^. They want your monies.
    PSO2
    TakaMina48
    Ship 2
    Ra-40/Hu-40/Fo-37