Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast
    SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    after this past weekend of FF XIV ARR beta pso 2 just feels so shallow in comparison. :/
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Wat.

FFXIV has nothing above PSO2 aside from the graphics. You're just at the point where the game is shiny-new to you and you're not seeing the flaws (kind of like how PSO2 was the first time for a lot of folks).
    This game does have flaws, no denying that, however the game has a lot more to it than PSO2. Even in Beta it feels more polished, more expansive and filled with a lot more content. Even by a game by game comparason PSO2 has nothing on XIV ARR, it doesn't have a leg to stand on either especially since PSO2 is a year old now. (Except maybe the battle system but that's personal opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Rayokarna View Post
    This game does have flaws, no denying that, however the game has a lot more to it than PSO2. Even in Beta it feels more polished, more expansive and filled with a lot more content. Even by a game by game comparason PSO2 has nothing on XIV ARR, it doesn't have a leg to stand on either especially since PSO2 is a year old now. (Except maybe the battle system but that's personal opinion).
    Yeah, there is absolutely no way I can agree with that. Besides the fact that you're crossing genres and making a ridiculous comparison, FFXIV's content is of the type that you're finished with as soon as you go through a single playthrough. Once you're finished with that you'll reach the same state you quickly reach in PSO2, i.e. "there's nothing left to do".

By the way FFXIV is technically a little past two-and-a-half years old at this point. If you're going to go by that line of argument FFXIV has had a considerable head start.

I haven't logged in for a while but, I really miss when JP PSO2 was just starting to fill up with other countries because at that point everyone was just trying to level.

I remember how almost every map was full of people chatting and grinding away, it was enjoyable to grind with a good group that knew what it was doing and how to get the most XP out of their grinding.

When I last played however I would log in and it was impossible to find parties, I'd be lucky to find a single person in the usual grinding maps, except for forest of course which offered crap XP for my level at the time anyways...

I don't know something's going on, either they're not increasing the level cap fast enough and people are getting bored and quitting or the people that insist on soloing everything are outweighing the cooperative grinding parties.

Grinding is horridly slow and dull work without a big group that works together. The game is perfect when there are players like that.

I hope they start implementing ways to get XP that give a ton of XP and are absolutely impossible to solo, due, or even trio so that we can have big groups working together for grinding again.

I mean really now... EQ's and regular quests used to have a comparable amount of people running around helping each other but now even some EQ's can be empty.

This is of course last time I've played, if they haven't fixed this somehow I hope they do soon.

I think that you're just unlucky to log when there're not people around.
    I am level 40+ and I often met lot of people during EQ but it really depend of the time when I play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Yeah, there is absolutely no way I can agree with that. Besides the fact that you're crossing genres and making a ridiculous comparison, FFXIV's content is of the type that you're finished with as soon as you go through a single playthrough. Once you're finished with that you'll reach the same state you quickly reach in PSO2, i.e. "there's nothing left to do".

By the way FFXIV is technically a little past two-and-a-half years old at this point. If you're going to go by that line of argument FFXIV has had a considerable head start.
    Going to have to agree with Zyru here...

I played the FFXIV beta extensively, and I see absolutely zero reason that anyone could see how this game has potential, even categorically across the map in all factors that make up a MMO.

In an effort to ensure the game at least markets minimally well they dumbed it down to tab-target point and click (which most avid players of PSO2 are playing PSO2 to avoid), and a lame everquest style questing system that we've all been tired of since...MMO's became a thing. I'm not saying client orders are like the cream of the crop, but what XIV is doing isn't anything new or daring, we can be sure of that. An MMORPG that wants to take the market by storm unfortunately needs to attempt to reinvent the wheel a little bit at this point, but they need to do right in a way that catches on. Those of us who prefer a faster paced combat aren't really turning our heads anyway. It's going to follow the same route that every single other MMO who boils their game down to this basic marketable formula...it's going to see a surge of players trying it out in the first month, and it will die a naked, cold, slow death in to F2P (if it doesn't release as F2P), and then it will thrive with a niche community who pays out the ying yang while simultaneously dwindling off in google searches.

The graphics are meh, they look the same as they did years ago when the game first released as the mess it was (I spent a pretty sum on the CE). Characters don't actively react to mouse turning, they just awkwardly pivot without moving a muscle in their body (why do MMORPG's always neglect this? It looks ugly). Personal annoyance aside, you can already go play ARR by playing the hundreds of other typical MMO's FFXIV is built to mimic available to download now. People who are tired of this formula will grow weary of ARR the fastest once the shiny/pretty has worn off. Which I'm thinking is you (Rayokarna).

PSO2 is thriving (despite popular PSO-W opinion), it's a very active game and you have activities at your fingertips (no matter how hopeless some of the rewards seem). I am lately having a ton of fun with the game and I've actually had an easier time convincing friends to get started because of more content available than when it launched.

I hate to say it but I side with Zyru in being absolutely confused how ARR has you so jarred and excited.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jun 16, 2013 at 03:13 PM.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    And that is the problem with PSO2.

Why isn't there something at endgame?
    Advance Quest
    Extreme Quests
    Time Attacks
    Limited Quests
    Dark Falz
    Abduction

I'd at least consider these endgame content
    I think some people's problems are just the repetitive nature.
    Because despite being endgame content..it's still the same stuff.
    Last edited by Cyron Tanryoku; Jun 16, 2013 at 03:18 PM.

That's the cycle of life of any mmorpg : leveling > reach max level > go farm good equipements.
    Nothing new about this and it's pretty hard to break that cycle.

For example : Fantasy life is a single based game on 3DS.
    It's an animal crossing (like game) + rpg features.
    But even so it seems will also become reptitive at some point.
    Though, I really want to play it >.>

Basically. It doesn't feel like there's enough difference between any of those options to really keep a lot of people engaged.

...They should just make a bunch of quests like abduction and not make it a dice roll to actually do them. More of a personal opinion there.
    Steam: gutsyunicycle (Nickname: Jungo)
    PSO2: Ship 2

I don't think it's the repetitive nature - I think it's the lack of spaced goals and repetitive gameplay.

Gameplay in PSO2 doesn't actually change when you find new gear. There's nothing to change except maybe having more PP, or killing things faster/dying slower. That's really it. New loot doesn't augment you with different abilities.

While leveling towards the cap does give you some bonuses for playing - that is, leveling up & gaining SP - continuing to play is merely a stat buff. There's no more augmentations to your play. You can't change your tree without paying (or consuming an allclass reset ticket).

The endgame is where the metagame is best played, but most restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyron Tanryoku View Post
    I'd at least consider these endgame content
    I think some people's problems are just the repetitive nature.
    Because despite being endgame content..it's still the same stuff.
    Yes, this is the problem, in my opinion. Extreme Quests were a step in the right direction, except they are much too short (and easy) for once-a-day activities. If Extreme Quests were more survival-type missions (get through as many floors as you can in 30 minutes; failing a stage order drops the timer down by a minute or more), once-a-day would be perfectly fine.

Abduction and Dark Falz are pretty much the same thing. Step in the right direction, but limited / locked behind RNG. ><

The event quest isn't really anything special, in my opinion, what with level 50 enemies and aesthetics being the only drop from the event boss.

Time Attack would be a good idea for "endgame content" as well, if there was actually a reason to do them fast outside of Interrupt Rankings, which don't give great rewards (300 FUN and a room deco for placing first). Considering you can be pretty sour at them and still get A-Rank for the TACOs, there doesn't seem to be much point to calling them "Time Attack Quests".