Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Talis normal attacks effected by r-atk?

Hi, I finally started to play PSO2 and i am really loving it! i started as Force and using my long time friend Talis Replica So my question is, does the normal card throws depend on your R-atk or on your T-atk points? would be very low dmg for using the T-atk points...
    In love with Talis Replica

Quote Originally Posted by Leilla-chan View Post
    Hi, I finally started to play PSO2 and i am really loving it! i started as Force and using my long time friend Talis Replica So my question is, does the normal card throws depend on your R-atk or on your T-atk points? would be very low dmg for using the T-atk points...
    It shouldn't matter, as you'll be using Tech the majority of the time.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Considering that talis can get head shots :s . unless I was drunk at 4 am or something I think the card throwing damage is based on r-atk.

too bad they don't go boom like wand gear hahahah

IIRC, the damage is based on t-atk, but benefits from both striking bonuses and headshots for some reason.

Not that any of that matters because the damage is pathetic. They're only used to cast techs.

Quote Originally Posted by GALEFORCE View Post
    IIRC, the damage is based on t-atk, but benefits from both striking bonuses and headshots for some reason.

Not that any of that matters because the damage is pathetic. They're only used to cast techs.
    So r-atk is working foe normal throws¿ And i can hit weak points with it¿
    Last edited by Leilla-chan; Apr 1, 2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Forget something

I can confirm that they receive damage bonus for headshots (which only works with ranged attacks) and seemingly trigger striking bonuses (I know that becaue Chase Bind is triggered by cards).

Low damage is not reasoned by not being T-ATK-based, it just has really low multiplier.

So does R-atk is effekting its dmg or not?

it doesn't matter because it's not a weapon to use for direct damage. it's a casting weapon and should be used as such. Trying to boost your R Atk to increase the damage of a thrown talis is like trying to get chocolate to taste like vanilla. If you wanted Vanilla you shouldn't have gotten chocolate. Similarly, if you want to do damage with ranged attacks, switch to ranger. All you're going to do by pursuing this road is setting yourself up for the worst realization ever when even VH turns out to be impossible for you because you tried to make the talis viable as a ranged weapon instead of a casting weapon. The reason no one knows is because it's not even worth investigating.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Well i just like to try something out. is that forbidden? i just would like to know before it fails

We're telling you it's going to fail. That should be enough. even if you could boost the damage with R Atk it has no PAs which means no multipliers and any subclass that would help with ranged attacks will do nothing for force damage and vice versa. All you'll be doing is hurting your damage output and force doesn't need any more help in that than sega has already given them. Force requires incredible amounts of time, luck and money both in game and out of pocket to maximize and even then that will only bring it to on par with the average braver. trying to make it go the opposite way to how it was intended will just make you throw up your hands in frustration. If you like talis you're better off learning how to properly cast with it. and only try to hit with it when you want PP back.
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Apr 1, 2014 at 08:09 PM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!