Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Also why do people keep talking about the weapon collection titles like they're gonna be difficult to acquire? Chances are most players already qualify for many of them and require minimal effort to acquire the rest of them. Most players that play the game, at least.
    You'd be amazed at how unlucky some people are.
    From ship 1 with love!

Should a good dose of the playerbase already apply for these titles, then I have two qualms with that:

• If just meant as another way to raise our stats, then these titles should be much more difficult to aquire, seeing how a 10% boost is by no means neglectable.
    • If, however, meant to balance the classes of this game, then this fix should not be in need of the title rewards system to begin with, as any balance fix should apply to 100% of the player populace without any player having to do anything to make use of it.

You cannot call this a fix and say these titles are easy to earn, but not think that earning them in the first place should not be a necessity. These fixes should just be put in place, plain and simple.

Heaven forbid sega wants to reward players who accomplish things. People complain about anything, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Heaven forbid sega wants to reward players who accomplish things. People complain about anything, I guess.
    When it comes to SEGA that's all they do.

Quote Originally Posted by un1t27 View Post
    When it comes to SEGA that's all they do.
    There's nothing wrong with a game being rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious-G View Post
    • If, however, meant to balance the classes of this game, then this fix should not be in need of the title rewards system to begin with, as any balance fix should apply to 100% of the player populace without any player having to do anything to make use of it.
    Sounds like the level 17 PA bullshit all over again, but far less rage-inducing because anyone who plays that game doesn't have to hunt from the ground up for their class to feel more 'balanced'. Trying, and epically failing at disguising balance fixes as some sort of character progression the player should work for to extend the life of the game is shameful, and that is exactly what they have been doing with the lvl17 melee PA buffs, and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a game being rewarding.

What's wrong with it is explained by what I just posted.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Sep 21, 2015 at 04:42 PM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Honestly, I don't think this has anything to do with balance fixes. It seems more like they're trying to give people character progression without raising the level cap. Same with the level cap bonuses. The thing is, they're for stuff people may have already completed so they don't do that very well either... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Honestly, I don't think this has anything to do with balance fixes. It seems more like they're trying to give people character progression without raising the level cap. Same with the level cap bonuses. The thing is, they're for stuff people may have already completed so they don't do that very well either... >_>
    Exactly. This being a reward for an accomplishment is absolutely alright in theory. But what is the point if I log in after updating the client on Wednesday, just to find these titles already unlocked? Where is the sense of accomplishment in that? It's not there

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious-G View Post
    Exactly. This being a reward for an accomplishment is absolutely alright in theory. But what is the point if I log in after updating the client on Wednesday, just to find these titles already unlocked? Where is the sense of accomplishment in that? It's not there
    I definitely still feel accomplished for capping my classes despite only just getting class cap title rewards. Just because you've already met a requirement for new titles doesn't mean there's no sense of accomplishment. A new player would definitely see obtaining these weapon collection titles a daunting task, so you should be glad you already meet the requirements instead of complaining about free things that you basically earned anyway.

It may be that they didn't intend to balance the game with these, but then it begs the question of just... why? I guess they don't think absurd amounts of multipliers makes everything better...

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!